SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What PC Games are you guys playing?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What PC Games are you guys playing? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
DCS. 20 years after I last touched a pc flight sim I’ve fallen pretty deep down the DCS rabbit hole. Recently upgraded to VR. It’s impressive.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:

Borderlands 3?! Holy crap I loved the first x2 I think it was. Added to the short list. Loved the wonky humor it had.

Borderlands 3 was on sale this weekend. Grabbed it for $19 on steam. Win!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Borderlands 3 is pretty fun. It's a bit more platformer-y than the earlier games. There are even frequent tower climbing segments (ala Farcry), which are a love-or-hate thing for most FPS gamers.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
BL3 is the first and maybe only game I've bought on pre-release. Spent the big coins, but since then I've got all four vault hunters to level 65 and am repeating old missions.

I play on Xbox these days, but yeah, it's a fun game. Smile

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Right now
World of Tanks
Doom Eternal
Star Craft II

Just finished AC-Valhalla a while back.

Still hoping for a good open world star wars RPG, but not holding my breath.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What, The Old Republic not good? Razz I still have a few Sith and Republic characters, though I haven't played for about a year.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
It's good but not really open world. I should replay thoseSmile

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Just pre ordered Outriders after putting 30 hours into the demo.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
It's good but not really open world. I should replay thoseSmile

I guess you're right. You can't really visit every planet until you go through the main storyline, which sucks in an MMO.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
At the moment:
Panzer Corps 2 1941 DLC
Stellaris
World of Tanks

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Nice. I played the hell out of Wing Commander Prophecy,

Dallas got a great sendoff, what for being such a shitbird.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After five or so years of no gaming, I bought a new laptop and played Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal and thoroughly enjoyed both. I can't stop recommending them to my friends. I also have enjoyed playing Cold Waters. I tried playing Fallout 4, but I just don't have the free time to spend on the tedious quests and settlement micro management. Have fun!!

PS I almost forgot that I also played Far Cry 5 and enjoyed that one too.

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Doom 2016 is great, doom eternal is even better, that soundtrack is a face melting heavy metal extravenganzaSmile

Playing WOT today, wow what a bunch of useless team mates.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Doom 2016 is great, doom eternal is even better,

I disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2016 Doom remake, but while the combat in Doom Eternal was fun, all the stupid platforming stages wore me out. I thought it was a step in the wrong direction compared to its predecessor.

It's Doom. I signed up to shoot demons in the face over a heavy metal soundtrack. Interspersing that with interminably boring sections of precisely double-jumping and air-dashing from narrow ledge to narrow ledge was completely unnecessary, utterly wrecked the pacing, and seriously detracted from the otherwise excellent combat sections.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
It can get tiresome for sure!

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
World of Warships
Arma3

Building a PC now for DCS

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Nothing but old Source and Half-life based games. I've been trying to upgrade GPU for over a year now. I have a 1050Ti. I spend more time on my PS4.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Download and play Half Life 2: Year Long Alarm.

A fan made addition that gives you all you want from HL2 in a 45 or so minute bite. Polished, with just enough puzzles to keep it interesting and every weapon you want.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still play Age of Mythology and Left for Dead.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steel Panthers MBT It gets upgraded yearly.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post