SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What PC Games are you guys playing?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What PC Games are you guys playing? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Alright. So finally finished the PC a couple of weeks ago.
Ryzen 7 3700X
64GB RAM
2080 Super GPU
Lots of fans and etc...

I've been playing ARK some solo and enjoyed that. But would like some suggestions on PC games from you guys. What's your favorite games form the last couple of years.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Don't have much time for gaming lately, and most of what gaming I do is on the Xbox One now. But in the last few years, I've played on the PC and enjoyed Pillars of Eternity and Pathfinder: Kingmaker. They're both similar isometric fantasy RPGs based around variations of the Dungeons & Dragons system. (They're basically the spiritual successors to older PC D&D RPGs like the Baldur's Gate series and Icewind Dale series from the late 1990s and early 2000s.)

If you like those, a sequel to Pillars of Eternity landed a year or two ago. Pathfinder's sequel - Wrath of the Righteous - is set for release mid-year. And Baldur's Gate 3 drops later this year as well.

I also would highly recommend Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, if you haven't played those already. I played them on the Xbox, but both are available on PC too. Both are very well-written and well-made 3rd person action games. They're the two best games I've played in the last ~5 years.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I've also got my eyes on Cyberpunk 2077, Valheim, Control, and Atomic Heart.

Atomic Heart isn't out yet. But video I saw made it look like a twisted Fall Out.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Warzone. It's consumed us all!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Valheim

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the moment I am playing Raid Shadow legends (free), and Conan exiles on steam.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Wing Commander Prophecy.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Wing Commander Prophecy.

Nice. I played the hell out of Wing Commander Prophecy, the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series, and Descent Freespace back in the day. (Mid/late 1990s)

Sci-fi combat flight sims were my jam, before I discovered RPGs in the late 1990s.

If you enjoy Wing Commander/XWing/TIE Fighter and the like, you should give the new Star Wars: Squadrons a look. It's pretty fun. Even though it's heavily geared towards multiplayer, and I'm not big into multiplayer, there's a decent amount of single player content - both in the campaign missions as we as skirmishes against AI.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
EVE Online

Borderlands 3

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:

Borderlands 3?! Holy crap I loved the first x2 I think it was. Added to the short list. Loved the wonky humor it had.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I no longer really do any gaming...used to play for 36-hour marathon sessions. When I was gaming, though, my preferred on-line game was the Medal of Honor series at first, and then switched over to Battlefield. I dove hard into BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF3, and BF4. I never got into the Bad Company series and by the time BF1 came out, I had stopped on-line gaming altogether.

Have fun and try not to get addicted... Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Valheim

I think this one is going to be where I start. For $20 on steam. Plus the reviews I keep hearing on it. Might be a good place to start.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you still play EVE Online?

I played quite a bit back in the first years. It was suuuuch a time suck, but that game was epic.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Metro Exodus is on sale for $13 this weekend or $19 with some ad on story lines or whatever. I also grabbed that.

$40 spent and should keep me busy for the next 100 hours or whatever. LOL...

Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord for solo stuff

ArmA 3 for multiplayer

If you like strategic squad based games, you should check out XCOM 2. If you don't like something about it, there's a 99% chance you can get a mod to change it to your liking.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Elder Scrolls Online. A year and a half in and still enjoying it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
EVE Online

Do you still play EVE Online?

I played quite a bit back in the first years. It was suuuuch a time suck, but that game was epic.

Yeah. Even created a thread shortly after New Year's, when we had a couple of record-breaking fights in nullsec. (In fact, as I write this post, I'm in a fleet killing a station. Smile)

quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Valheim

I think this one is going to be where I start. For $20 on steam. Plus the reviews I keep hearing on it. Might be a good place to start.

Make sure you enjoy playing Survival games. I'm not a fan at all, so I miss out on several games that are fan favorites.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
War Thunder, started playing about a year ago. It's almost fun.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I play;

Excel
PowerPoint and
Project.

Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Do Solitaire and Minesweeper count?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post