SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If you could travel through the universe, you would want to go in the ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could travel through the universe, you would want to go in the ? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Having a little fun with this one, so I thought I'd add it to the forum too.

The idea was if you were able to travel through the universe and could only turn one fictional mode of transportation into reality. What would it be?

Would you want hyperdrive? Ludicrous Speed? A Wave Motion engine? How about having the whole thing being a weapon as well as a ship?

We are turning over a few in speculation, so I'll add them here. There may be a few baddies along the way also. Feel free to add others as you please.

Question:
You need a sweet ride to cruise the galaxy. You go in the:

Choices:
USS Enterprise
Space Battleship Yamato
Arcadia
SDF-1
USCSS Prometheus
Millenium Falcon
Venture Star
Star Destroyer
USS Galactica
Mega Maid
Barugurei
I'd rather have the ( please explain )

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Voted the Prometheus. Love the ship design.

If I wanted to conquer the galaxy, perhaps I'd have chosen the Arcadia. Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Tardis is a pretty sweet ride, and often is equipped with a comely crew.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Why, the Heart of Gold of course...complete with the Infinite Improbability drive

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
The SDF-1 would have a kickass downtown shopping district, but I think I'd choose the Reliant. That's the only Star Trek Federation ship I've ever liked.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
MCRN Tachi..aka the Rocinante.

And just to be a geek, it wasn't the "USS Galactica", it was simply Galactica BS-75.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Falcon, fly to Tatooine to visit the brothels.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Picking just one is rough.

Part of me wants Space Battleship Yamato, part wants Enterprise, part wants Serenity, part wants to just beam myself from place to place sans ship, and part wants the Heart of Gold.

Decisions, decisions.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I would want the Death Star, or an Eclipse Class Dreadnought

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Tardis. Second is Enterprise 1701F. If I can’t get there instantly, might as well be comfy. With plenty of firepower.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks fast & maneuverable, hope I don't get lost.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Tardis

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I'd want the ship with the good looking, naked, obedient female crew...……..

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:

USS Hefner

Good choice. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
TARDIS. All day everyday and twice on Sunday.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddm5bQeKvg

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Enterprise E.

Lots of crew, good creature comforts, large powerful Federation on your side (as long as you aren't involved in the Dominion War).

I wonder if anybody will pick Galactica - the reboot was totally depressing, and the original was totally cheesy.

TARDIS would be my choice overall, as long as I got Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, or Amy Pond to travel with.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I voted the USS Enterprise...that way I could beam to earth (if we were in range) to 1966 and live my life over (of course knowing all I know now Big Grin)...if not in range of earth I would do pretty much do anything NOT to wear a red shirt Eek!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:

USS Hefner

Good choice. Big Grin

Or Lexx?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
The Tardis is a pretty sweet ride, and often is equipped with a comely crew.

My vote.

Nicola Bryant
Karen Gillan
Lalla Ward
‎Elisabeth Sladen
Billie Piper
Jenna Coleman

Honorable mention: Serenity

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post