SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    American Gods TV Series
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Gods TV Series Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You guys that are a bit lost should pick up the book. It's a quick read and very well done.

https://www.amazon.com/America...ywords=american+gods

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Great book. Gaiman is a superb storyteller. His flaw, if there is one, is that his stories tend to be very much about the story itself and not so much the ending.

"He was me, yes, but I am not him."

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
So I started the thread because I was excited for this ( I never read the book though ).

So now I've decided to read the book first. Im extremely enjoying the book! I should have it finished up soon so I can actually start on the series!

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Book first on this one for me. It's the opposite for Game of Thrones. I'm just now reading those books, and I think it is going easier now than if I hadn't seen the show first.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yikes!

You guys are into some "interesting" TV! LOL

American Gods airs most explicit gay sex scene in TV history between two Muslim male characters

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I havent seen the most recent episode but now i know what part to fast forward through. We have been skipping the parts with the black woman eating people with her Vagina.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have been skipping the parts with the black woman eating people with her Vagina.

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!

Sounds like must see TV!!! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Yikes!

American Gods airs most explicit gay sex scene in TV history between two Muslim male characters

and I'm going to back to Black Sails.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yikes!

Yeah, that scene was...uncomfortable (as it was no doubt meant to be). It made sense in the context of the story but...uhmmm...yeah...uncomfortable.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
We have been skipping the parts with the black woman eating people with her Vagina.

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!

Sounds like must see TV!!! LOL

You should give it a chance Ronin. Its quite interesting.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
You should give it a chance Ronin. Its quite interesting.

Truthfully I had not heard of it until I saw the story that I posted, and then found this thread.

I'm hearing good things, I'll check it out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Last night was a little freaky. Nah fuck that, it was real fucked up freaky. I'm like WTF did I just watch! I don't normally use expletives here and I apologise .

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Look guys: read the book first. If you like that, then watch the show. You'll know when the "bad" scenes are coming PLUS you might have some understanding when the shit turns weird.

But, for me, the book was awesome so I can't wait!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It lost me at that scene. I don't care what people do in their own homes but I don't need to see it. I turned it off.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a stand alone book or is there a series? I have been listening to it on You Tube, and I like it.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onikuma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max628:
Is this a stand alone book or is there a series? I have been listening to it on You Tube, and I like it.

It's a stand alone book. There is a sequel, Anansi Boys that has nothing to do with the main character or original story. However there is a short story in an anthology for those of you who are interested in what happens to Shadow afterwards.

Mal: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...

Posts: 896 | Location: city of fallen angels ;) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Well now, waiting for season 2! Some of these series these days are over before you know it!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Very weird show indeed. I like the direction it was headed in, even though I felt as lost and confused as shadow did. The sheer number of Jesus' at the end cracked me up and Odin's display of power was excellent. Let the war begin.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just found out season 2 is on. Watching episode 1 of season 2 now. Cosmically some weird shit.

Beth Greene

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The new intro is killer!

Beth Greene