SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    It must sell a lot of sausage.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It must sell a lot of sausage. Login/Join 
posted
But listening to Jimmy Dean talking to me from my TV set about sausage is creepy. The dude died in 2010.
Sausage from the great beyond!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Especially since he sold the company to Sara Lee Corp. in 1984...

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
At least they didn't show him saying it. It's not much different than hearing old songs from singers who are long dead. Like Natalie Cole, who has also died, made a duet of "Unforgettable" with her dad.

Didn't Ford bring Steve McQueen out of the grave to do a commercial for the Mustang a few years back? The worst are all the (c)rappers using holograms of Tupac as a "tribute". Roll Eyes

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Dean IS sausage. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he always did a fine job , when his show was on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xso4nGms6V4

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I remember him sitting on his yacht in Chicks Marina, Kennebunkport Maine. He was totally shitfaced throwing popcorn at people on the dock walking by his boat.
He was a piece of work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Always liked Bob Evans sausage better. But the JD Skillets are great. Bag of sausage, red peppers, green peppers, onions, potatoes. Just add eggs. Makes a killer breakfast burrito.
Remember the Muppets got there start on his show. Ralph the dog.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He lived near here and his wife, Donna, was from a little town south of us. They were regulars at a local high-end French restaurant* (many $'s strung out in the reviews) which we occasionally frequented for special occasions. There were four of us in our group, it was my treat, and we were seated next to them.

Jimmy and I started telling jokes and having a good time. (We both had been drinking just a little.) When they left he picked up our tab which was over $500.00.

------------

* Le Petit France, unfortunately long since closed.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please pass the biscuits. My wife's mentally handicapped Aunt loved this song. She sang the please pass the biscuits refrain over and over again.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The profit from his company used to go to charity. I wonder if Sara Lee continued that trend. I doubt it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
... Jimmy Dean ... died in 2010.

Col. Sanders passed away in 1980. Didn't name it Kentucky Fried Chicken. The Bucket o' Chicken wasn't his idea. Someone else coined "It's finger lickin' good!"

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Love his breakfast sausage. Cool

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Always liked Bob Evans sausage better.

Me too! When I lived back in MD, and earlier in his production years, he would only deliver where it could be delivered fresh. This limited the availability area to a small circle around southeastern Ohio, where the farm was. MD was within the delivery area. Good stuff. I've stuck with that brand now that it is nationwide.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/f4RNb3tt0LM

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

The great Steven Fromholz (Texas Trilogy). Sorry to say he died a couple of years ago.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
But listening to Jimmy Dean talking to me from my TV set about sausage is creepy. The dude died in 2010.

At least it's real footage of the man and not that super-creepy CGI-reanimation crap like they did with THIS guy:

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad someone else thinks it's creepy. "I wish I could tell you how I feel about a morning like this..." I keep expecting him to add "..but I can't because I've been dead for eight years."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Always liked Bob Evans sausage better. But the JD Skillets are great. Bag of sausage, red peppers, green peppers, onions, potatoes. Just add eggs. Makes a killer breakfast burrito.
Remember the Muppets got there start on his show. Ralph the dog.

Sounds like dinner! The JD Skillets, not Ralph the Dog.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post