SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Westerns That are Difficult To Pass On, any Western Fans Here?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westerns That are Difficult To Pass On, any Western Fans Here? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Sons of Katie Elder is a favorite of mine.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The original 3:10 to Yuma is my all time fav.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider
Big Jake
The Shootist
Tombstone
Young Guns
Unforgiven

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider
Big Jake
The Shootist
Tombstone
Young Guns
Unforgiven

Tombstone...thats a big one I overlooked, who hasn't seen that one either.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Outlaw Josey Wales
Monte Walsh
Broken Trail
Open Range
Shadow Riders

Any western with John Wayne or Sam Elliott and all of the Clint Eastwood movies.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rio Bravo
El Dorado
The Searchers
Warlock

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am John Wayne fan as well as Eastwood. I also like some of the modern remakes.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Big John Wayne fan. I especially like Chisum and Big Jake.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
True Grit (I know it’s heresy but I like the Coen brothers 2010 remake the best)...

Tombstone ...

Unforgiven

Will Penny

McCabe & Mrs. Miller

All of the “spaghetti” westerns.

Plus all of the ones mentioned in the previous posts Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Blazing saddles
Cat Balou
Outland

Spice World! (leo d., in memoriam)

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
True Grit (I know it’s heresy but I like the Coen brothers 2010 remake the best)...

i don't think thats heresy at all

one of the few re-makes in history IMO that equals if not surpasses the original...

"I do not know this man...' Big Grin

so many great scenes in that

love this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rnaa9qtGgs

--------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wild Bunch

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Shane
Silverado
Once Upon A Time In The West
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
For a Fist Full of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider
Big Jake
Hombre
Tombstone
Have Gun – Will Travel series
&
Kung Fu series and pilot movie. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything new to add, I could watch nearly every movie listed again. My all time favorite is Pale Rider. It came out the same summer as Silverado, and I always think of them together.

I had forgotten about the Long Riders, great movie. My Dad named his bird dog Shane, so he could yell, "come back Shane!"

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Stalking Moon with Gregory Peck

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Have Gun - Will Travel

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Dad named his bird dog Shane, so he could yell, "come back Shane!"

That's awesome! Big Grin

I named our Black Lab/Border Collie-mix General Sterling Price after John Wayne's cat in True Grit. Always thought Sterling would make a great name for a black dog.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
A Fist Full of Dynamite, also known as Duck, You Sucker. James Coburn was the coolest.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider
Big Jake
The Shootist
Tombstone
Young Guns
Unforgiven

Great list BB. Silverado was on this week, Unforgiven too, watched both, again. 3:10 to Yuma has also been on, Young Guns 1/2 last month. Pale Rider was a few months ago. I like Tombstone as much as anyone but I really enjoy Quaid in Wyatt Earp as well. You can kiss my rebel dick! I’m watching Hostiles this weekend on 4k disc, it’s my most recent western favorite. Fantastic film.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I have tried to watch Once Upon a Time in the West multiple times... does it ever pick up the pace?

I'm usually good with slow burn movies and don't need a ton of action, but this one goes the first 30 minutes of the movie in what could have easily been 5.

In general I love Westerns, though.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post