SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wild Wild Country on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Wild Country on Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
Just finished watching this. I was pretty young in ‘85, so I don’t remember it in real-time. Interesting story. Pretty surprised it didn’t end up in mass casualties.

Rajneeshpuram

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
LMAO... that's what thats about?

I saw that listing today, just glanced at it. I saw the title and figured it was a western or something. But I saw the man in the photo and said to myself "That guy looks like Bhagwan Rajneesh." Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I lived out there while it was going on. I haven't brought myself to be able to watch it...

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a shit show. Watched some of it last night.

That must have been insane for the 40 residents when it happened, particularly with the limit of information available before the internet was big.

No shortage of nut-jobs in this world. I still don't completely understand where all the money came from. I get the dude had money, and people were giving money, but that had to be a stupid amount of cash flow.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A biological uncle I have found recently (I am an adoptee) was involved in that. I believe he followed them to India. He wound up as a yoga instructor in Perth, Australia. I never got a chance to meet him as he passed away in January....

Posts: 158 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Watching it now. Frightening. And I'm not talking about it's frightening that this could happen or corruption.

I'm talking about the basically well meaning followers, those people are terrifying to me.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just watched the 1st episode, barely remember any news about it.

All I can say is no shortage of willing participants, ‘looking’ for something. Some clips showed naked bodies, I guess a little romping was mixed in with meditation.

I wonder what many think now looking back?

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Yep its the followers that are the dangerous ones, not the leaders ,,

Much like our military now after obama sucked out all the good ones

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post