SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    'allo, 'allo, this is nighthawk calling!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'allo, 'allo, this is nighthawk calling! Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Good moaning.

I will say this only once.

The fallen Madonna with the big boobies..

..and the dicky ticker.
Wink

So happy to see 'Allo 'Allo added to Netflix. Smile

I've been enjoying them all week and haven't seen any of them since they origonally aired.

Though most people don't get the reference, for years whenever I use my Steiner's I refer to them as "mine powerful gestapo binoculars!" Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Is this the comedy set in France during WW2 about the French Resistance?

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Oui! Allo (la Resistance). Hilarious.

Used to watch them back in the 80's. Brit comedy at its best.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Loved how they handled the languages in this show. The French speak English with a French accent. The Germans speak English with a German accent. And the British speak English with a British accent.... but they can't understand each other. Smile

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
"Listen very carefully, for I shall only say this once!"

Later . . .

"What did she say?"
"I don't know - she only said it once."

I LOVE that show. I used to watch it while I was on crew duty in Alaska. I was laughing my butt off the whole time, but nobody else on the crew seemed to understand the humor of it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
A co-worker got me into that show. Very well done. I'm looking forward to watching it again. Thanks.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Finally one of the worst Brit Comedies is on Netflix.

Brilliant aint it!!!

Double meanings... a Brit speaking French in English with a French accent (The Policeman).

It is a send up of a serious series from the UK about the French Resistance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Army_(TV_series)

"Are You Being Served Again" the follow on to "Are You Being Served"is on the dread You Tube.

It was called Grace and Favour in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_%26_Favour

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2257 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post