SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Feeling old - these albums are 50 years old...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeling old - these albums are 50 years old... Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Listening to those make me feel young .
Listened to two Deep Purple LPS this AM (FLAC actually) King Biscuit Flower Hour and Live Made in Japan.
My "Highway Star" air guitar work was awesome. Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The recordings are timeless, but the artists are not.

Yep, feeling old.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
This dude just turned 40 a few days ago.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My favorite was Deja Vu. I was in Navy Nuclear Power School in Vallejo When this came out. I had a cheap record player and, as I remember, this was the only record I owned. I played it and played it. I still like most of the songs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is kind of funny to think they are classic now. Well, I guess they have been for a while but still made me laugh a little.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The recordings are timeless, but the artists are not.

Yep, feeling old.

Other than Jagger, who are these people? Is that the Captain and Tennille in one of them?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right click on the photo and search Google for image. The dude in the car is Rod Stewart.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Other than Jagger, who are these people? Is that the Captain and Tennille in one of them?

Mick Jagger
Robert Plant
James Taylor & Joni Mitchell
Rod Stewart

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These pics are not old where is Artie Shaw and Benny Goodman???

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
These pics are not old where is Artie Shaw and Benny Goodman???

They're deceased.

The ones I posted are alive.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
crazy staying power for a lot of that

hard to believe much - if any - of today's music will be played 50 years from now

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Silk Degrees is 44 years old and their songs are played on the oldies channel.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

here's a challange,

think back to when you were 6 y.o. or 8 y.o.
and make a list of all the songs your parents were listening to , at that time.

then
check to see when their songs originally came out.

when I did this ,
they were all 40-50 years old

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
And pushing 50 is Dreamboat Annie (Heart)
Another favorite of mine getting up there are the Bangles pushing 40.

I recall in my last class in Hi Skool English the last day of school. Someone put on the brand new Sgt Pepper album on the school PA. But only for a moment.
Dum ass kid was expelled on the very last day of skool.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I remember when most of those came out. A great time for rock music.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
crazy staying power for a lot of that

hard to believe much - if any - of today's music will be played 50 years from now

--------------------------------

sig209 - dont be so sure,i still listen to hank williams, roger miller, glen cambell, etc.. sometimes (my parents music)
when my kids listen to music, i sometimes think its my playlist - zepplin, eagles, bad co, ac/dc, rush, etc..(however, they listen to a lot of crap also)
good music is good music -

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Excellent playlists. Growing up into my later teens much of these were the everyday staple of sound. Much of the early music of the mid-60's is when most of my friends and I launched into playing in bands, I got my first guitar in the early 60's, a Sears classic Silvertone with the amp in the case. Guitars and playing became my life for many, many, years.

I'm sure that many could add to those playlists also. I wore out the vinyl on early Deep Purple, especially Shades of Deep Purple. Blackmore was one of my favorite shredders at the time. What is missing from my early playlists (albums) is Traffic and Blind Faith (Clapton and Baker). The early days when Steve Windwood left the Spenser Davis group and formed Traffic along with Dave Mason. I'll always remember Windwoods vocals in Blind Faith and Mr Fantasy album with Traffic. Yea, I'm drifting back into that nostalgia. Those were some great bands and the roots of my guitar style, I'll never forget those days, and thanks for jogging the memories Dreadnaught Smile

It was a very memorable time growing up for me and kept me playing for many years. I'd still be hittin' the licks today if I could but cannot feel or have strength in my left arm/hand anymore so those days have past, but it was a great long run. So much of that music will always have wonderful memories for me.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
As an aside, thinking back on some of those great memories the irony of your member id "feersum dreadnaught" had me thinking of the few great Martin D-series guitars I've owned, the "D" for those style Martins were the classic dreadnaught style, though I'm guessing yours is of the ship type!

Since I've read and posted in your thread so many of those great guitars and memories have been flooding in, thank you for that stroll back in time..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post