Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dwayne Johnson Login/Join 
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
He has a Robin Williams -esque presence on film that makes viewers connect with him personally, not just with his character on screen. He seems like a hard working, down to earth kinda guy and I'm generally a fan of the movies he's in.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The Rock says, know your role, and shut your mouth.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Some early work from SNL

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I've liked him going all the way back to his wrestling days. I'm glad to see him have so much success in all he's done.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like Dwayne but I think he should capitalize on his action movies instead of trying to branch out into comedy. I think comedy is premature for him; it's been a hit or miss for him.

I remember watching his grand dad, Peter Maivia, wrestling in San Francisco.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
He's one of the few modern actors who looks good with giant scorpion claws.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is one of my faves too. I disagree about not doing comedy, he is hilarious in Central Intelligence.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post