New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dwayne Johnson Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Anybody else impressed with well he's matured into acting?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
I love the guy. He's likely the hardest worker in Hollywood, he's a really nice guy and always has time for his fans. Seems really down to earth too.
Ballers is a great show on HBO.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I agree. He also has good range as well. He does well in comedies as well as "serious" action movies.

Posts: 6348 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The greatest thing I like about the Rock is the fact by all accounts he is a stand up guy. Too many actors in Hollyweird let politics, self realized self worth, and other factors cloud their world. The Rock stays out of it and stays in his lane.

As mentioned, he can play a wide range of characters. From Spencer Stasmore to Chris Hanson, he plays them all with due regard to the character. Hanson is of course my favorite. "Aim for the bushes". Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I saw him a few weeks ago outside my my workplace.

They built a movie studio out of the old GM plant and are renting one of our warehouses as a stunt stage.

He was filming Rampage at the time.

We just leave the cast members to their own as not to catch any ire from the studio. Just say hey when they walk by while we are on break.

Now the shuttle buses bring them back and forth, but every once in a while someone will hoof it across the lot and give us a wave.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He's hilarious, doesn't take himself too seriously, and has become a favorite actor of mine in recent years. Though his range is wider than action flicks, I think history will think of him as the best action actor we've ever had. Cooler, and a better actor, than Sly or Arnie ever were. And he seems cool in real life, too. Bonus.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
He's hilarious, doesn't take himself too seriously,

I don't know if I've even seen him in more than one movie, but he won me over on SNL doing some stupid embarrassing skit. I saw that and said "if he's willing to do that, this guy's okay'. Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine anyone who would/does not like the guy. He seems like a really down to Earth kind of guy and plays himself in film. I am glad to see he is doing well. He is an American success story.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How he finds the time in every day to do everything he does is beyond me. Multiple blockbusters each year, or busts, and he's the first one to admit it, series like Ballers, media spots and not to mention the insane amount of gym time he must put in, well, he's really not human.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Another big fan. I will watch anything with him in it. Not a big follower of the Fast N Furious series but I have to catch the movie(s) he's in with those movies.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart is PG funny, like free on cable funny but still funny...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He is an appealing performer. I like him.

My wife thinks he is dreamy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/ufBLI6bB9sg

How the Rock gets it all done.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I have to say, despite wanting not to be, I am a fan.

1. He does a great deal of charity work, and he certainly doesn't have to. He has historically gone out of his way to use his celebrity power to help.

2. From watching interviews, and similar, he doesn't take himself too seriously. Even if it pokes fun at himself.

3. He really seems to be "in it" for his fans... and for someone who started in professional "wrestling" that seems big.

The guy could be a total asshole, as his start is the WWF/WWE or whatever the hell they call it, could easily be... He seems to actually care about being an "entertainer" and also understand he is an "entertainer" and care about that.

I've seen guys in his shoes do much worse with their lives.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last i read he was worth about 5 billion in Assets. He is a large realestate developer, plus his tv shows, movies, voice acting. Not bad for a guy who started with 8 bucks in his prockets. He does a large abount of charity work. He does dip his toes into politics but not often. He's not the biggest fan of president trump. He looks pretty damn good for 50years old.

I realized how good he was in "be cool" the get shorty 2 movie.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Not a bad singer, too.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerYuT-ABZE

My favorite:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZrYeUX3MI

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Love the Rock! Watching him in studio singing Moana was eye opening and very impressive. He is so multi talented it's hard to believe. He is also an awesome human as well.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart is PG funny, like free on cable funny but still funny...

Funny? It was HILARIOUS!!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
He was great in Moana

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I like him. My wife may like him just a little TOO much...... Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12411 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post