SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best single TV episodes from any TV series.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best single TV episodes from any TV series. Login/Join 
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I Spy: "Home to Judgement"

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’m amazed. How do you know episode names? Do you keep a running list of episodes that you think are especially good? It’s just never occurred to me.

Some series I have just seen so much that I know. Other series may have just left an impression on me. For instance, I know the Miami Vice episode “Glades” has the line “Maybe.......you won’t twitch.”

The Office, Justified, The Unit, among others I’ve seen a bunch.

God Damn GLADEs!!! Great episode and one of the best lines ever. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the Crane clan went up to the ski lodge with their " dates"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary Tyler Moore Show- Chuckles Bites The Dust
Taxi- Jim's Driver's Test

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mary Tyler Moore Show- Chuckles Bites The Dust

Their best episode. I always think of the cartoon with a guy standing over a cliff, TV set raised high over his head; the caption: "Somewhere in America, the day after The Mary Tyler Moore show ended"

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
There are so many that have already been covered so I won’t repeat them. Here are a few others that come to mind for me.

Star Trek TNG: The Wounded
Adam 12: Elegy for a Pig
All in the Family: Two’s a Crowd
Star Trek: Amok Time

Honorable mention to Dragnet: The Big Departure for Joe Friday’s speech at the end, which reigns as true today as it did in 1968.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
X-Files: Bad Blood

Mainly because its very different than the rest of the series, super funny and dark at the same time.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The "Mad Men" finale.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NewRiverGeorge
posted Hide Post
The Twilight Zone - "The Changing of the Guard"

Have you ever wondered if your whole life has been for naught?

Posts: 23 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, T.z. Talking Tina and Telly Savalas I was damaged for a month.

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Oh yes, The Living Doll. generated a lot of nightmares.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
THE OFFICE (usa) Season 5 Episode 14 'stress relief". Its the Fire drill / CPR episode.

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
The Sopranos - Guy Walks into a Psychiatrist's Office...

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
o.k. four months!

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
The Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Raquel Welch was on Mork from Ork

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
The Office: "Health Care"
Quantum Leap: "The Leap Home, Part 2", and "Mirror Image" (the finale)
The Shield: "Postpartum"
Justified: "Long In The Tooth"

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Simpson's - King Size Homer- This is when Homer gains enough weight to be declared disabled and can work from home.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
The "Mad Men" finale.

Wonderful series, but I thought the best episode was "The Wheel", (Season 1/Episode 13) where Don pitches his idea for the Kodak "Carousel". Magnificent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bLNkCqpuY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Miami Vice = Where the Buses Don't Run & Evan (can't pick one)
Evan

I have DirecTV and I find it both hilarious and pathetic that Evan is the only episode not available for viewing, and since you say it's one of your favorite episodes of the series, you certainly know why that is. Oh, my, the detectives talk about a cop who was gay and was found out and killed himself. Oh, my, we can't have an episode where there is the slightest hint of homophobia. The irony is that these assholes always talk about "starting a dialogue" which is absolute horse shit, and the fact that you can't see this episode- which, I agree with you, is one of the best of the series- which tries to do exactly that- start a dialogue, is censored and not viewable, proves it to be so.

Most memorable for me in that episode are two things, which are Evan Freed's hard chromed Smith & Wesson Centennial (an original production example and not the reintroduced Centennial), and the "Biko" scene. Great use of that Peter Gabriel tune (love that slo-mo sidestep), and I love Guzman's "EC come, EC go" (easy come, easy go).

Ooh, speak of the devil

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post