SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Social Scoring" and Black Mirror TV show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Social Scoring" and Black Mirror TV show Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
Some here had threads on the series "Black Mirror".

I "binge watched" all the episodes over a few weeks. Some were rather well done, and a couple were a bit weak, but understanding the "tie in common theme(s)" all were relevant to it.

Like Twilight Zone and other "dark commentary" shows, it has some good food for thought.

"Nosedive"
Black Mirror episode (season 3, episode 1)

Is a very good watch, even if you do not watch all episodes, thins one strikes a nerve, and should be taken as a call to be aware of "trends".

We have heard of "doxing" and other "social shaming", and the current up-trending (if that is a real term) of "social scoring" and the effect it can (and may well) have on many people.

This is partly in response to Brandon's (GallowayPrecision) thread: "PayPal Strikes Again"

And I did not want to derail that thread.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a really good one. As you noted, the Black Mirror episodes vary from jaw-droppingly great to meh. The most recent "season" was rather mediocre.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System ?

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Even the episodes I fast forward a lot are better than most shows on this side of the Atlantic.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post