Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Is that sand on the track!? Pretty damn bad conditions for FP3 today.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Is that sand on the track!? Pretty damn bad conditions for FP3 today.

Don't have access to anything but the race, but sounds like preseason testing in Bahrain for F1 this year. Looked like rain spray, there was so much sand on track.

A bit more risky on 2 wheels, though.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 9131 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The defending champ appears to be quite a bit more satisfied with his starting position. Fighting all the way up to 2nd on the final lap only to lose it like he did is probably quite motivating.

He appears to be amped about tomorrow. This was his reaction to his starting position. Cool round two at Qatar looks like it’ll be a good show.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
What a race, shocking how tight the field stayed.
The Miller incident looked intentional, IMO. The Suzuki was way wide already.

Posts: 9131 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
What a race, shocking how tight the field stayed.
The Miller incident looked intentional, IMO. The Suzuki was way wide already.

It was payback for Mir’s move on Miller in Turn 10. Mir didn’t have it, forced it in there, they touched, it was extremely optimistic of Mir. He shook his boot to say sorry but he also gained a position by doing it so.... Jack’s move was definitely deliberate afterwards, there is no doubt. In MotoGP, if you read between the lines, well say you let Mir do that to you. He’ll do it again. That was Jack’s way of saying fuck you. Don’t do it again on me, I won’t tolerate it. It was definitely wrong however. Had he not looked over at Mir, Ok. Mir went wide, you went wide. But he looked over at him and did it. Bad move, bad sport. But I’m not him and he must have been fuming from Mir’s previous move on him.

Race direction handed out no penalties but I guarantee both got a talking to, about both “errors”.

I don’t want no teenage queen. I just want my M14. If I die in the combat zone, box me and ship me home. Pin my medals upon chest. Tell my mom I done my best.

Posts: 10737 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
True, forgot about the forced pass on Miller earlier on.

Great race by Martin, held it together really well for the majority. Not bad for a rookie.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I was glad to watch Ducati, but they always do well at Qatar.

Next race will be more telling.
But the aero on the bikes make them look like a fighter jet on the ground. I am torn on the looks.

Suzuki is going to do well.

Posts: 4675 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Damn those Ducati’s are fast on the long straights. Did they pick up that extra speed from a new aero package? Suzuki tried a few new things with their aero and didn’t seem happy with the results because I believe they kept that part of the bike similar to the 2020 GSX-RR.

It’s still early but the Yamaha M1 is looking strong. Even Aprilia is making noticeable improvements. I’d love to see Aprilia continue to make progress. Hell, I’d love to see em win a race. It’s amazing how close they can be with such incredibly different machines.

I can’t wait for the next race. I picked up a smart watch a day or two before round two of Qatar and it was wild seeing how high my heart rate/BPM jumped while watching the greatest show on earth. Big Grin

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So it appears mister Márquez is going to make a return. Here’s to hoping Suzuki, Aprilia, Yamaha ,KTM and even the Ducati riders can stomp his ass mightily, Big Grin

Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
So it appears mister Márquez is going to make a return. Here’s to hoping Suzuki, Aprilia, Yamaha ,KTM and even the Ducati riders can stomp his ass mightily, Big Grin

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. He's out of shape, out of practice, lazy and has lost his desire to win. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 3686 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The guy is fearless. I don’t expect him to change his riding style at all. Honda looked awful at Qatar but I don’t think their bike is nearly as bad as it looked there. It’s gonna be interesting, if there is one person who can extract every bit of speed from that Honda it’s Márquez.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The bike has been built and developed specifically around Marc Marquez and his riding style. This is why others have such a hard time riding it. This has been the case with most prototype machinery over the history of the sport. Riders all have different riding styles. It’s built for the #1. #2-4 have to just make it work for them. Only in this newer era are the mfr’s trying to develop it for multiple riders. At least they state they are doing this but I don’t believe it.

Yamaha can’t solve Rossi’s rear tire wear.
Gigi at Ducati is like his predecessor and thinks the riders need to ride around the bike instead of the other way around.
Honda have built a bike only Marquez can make work.
Suzuki have actually built a handler that both factory riders can exploit, so probably the best for this right now.
Aprilia is starting to come around.
KTM is also at least trying.

I don’t want no teenage queen. I just want my M14. If I die in the combat zone, box me and ship me home. Pin my medals upon chest. Tell my mom I done my best.

Posts: 10737 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post