New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
New year, new thread.

February 14th - 16th: Shakedown Testn (Sepang)
February 19th - 21st: Sepang Test
March 10th - 12th: Qatar Test

First race, Qatar, March 28th.

Dorna is currently working with the Malaysian government to allow MotoGP to test. They currently have restrictions and quarantining rules for travelers entering the country. Dorna has some backup circuits should Sepang not work out. A contingency plan. The track in Russia, and Portimao.

I don’t want no teenage queen. I just want my M14. If I die in the combat zone, box me and ship me home. Pin my medals upon chest. Tell my mom I done my best.

Posts: 10549 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Dorna managed to suck away all the excitement I had for 2021 when three weeks after Mir won the championship I had a bunch of my posts on social media pulled for “copyright infringement” along with the threat of deletion if I continued to offend.

I’m not even sure I want to renew my MotoGP subscription at this point. Fuck Dorna.

Posts: 17526 | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Dorna managed to suck away all the excitement I had for 2021 when three weeks after Mir won the championship I had a bunch of my posts on social media pulled for “copyright infringement” along with the threat of deletion if I continued to offend.

I’m not even sure I want to renew my MotoGP subscription at this point. Fuck Dorna.

That's horseshit.

Posts: 4664 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Overreact much? Dorna is the reason you got a championship at all in 2020. They did an excellent job to give us a season at all, which resulted in your Suzuki win, first time in 20 years.

Dorna has a history of having people steal their content and post on youtube. We're talking their copyrighted material. Press conferences, practice sessions, races, name it. That stealing of their content increases race ticket prices, motogp membership costs, etc. So I am not surprised. You should be bitching at the thieves instead of Dorna themselve.s They are the reason for this.

I don’t want no teenage queen. I just want my M14. If I die in the combat zone, box me and ship me home. Pin my medals upon chest. Tell my mom I done my best.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I just want normality to return.
In so many ways.

Racing is one of the few thing I look forward to anymore, and ready for something to happen...

Posts: 4664 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just got notice on my phone that Sepang tests have been cancelled.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 8814 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They have already worked on contingencies. There will be tests just not as Sepang. The European circuits have been cooperative and make it easier during these times as no flights have to be scheduled, for at least the riders. Most of the teams (maybe all I think) are based in Europe as well. So it's just the Japanese personnel that has to jump the hurdles to make it to the circuits.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...-extra-days/5069596/

quote:

MotoGP has confirmed two extra days of testing and a shakedown have been added to the schedule in Qatar in March following the cancellation of the Sepang test in Malaysia.

Earlier this week MotoGP announced it had cancelled what was set to be the opening three-day pre-season test of 2021 at the Sepang circuit after a state of emergency was declared in the country due to escalating COVID-19 infections. At the time MotoGP confirmed the Qatar test was still going ahead as planned.

A meeting between MotoGP teams, promoters Dorna Sports and governing body the FIM was held on Thursday to discuss various topics relating to the upcoming season. At this meeting it was agreed to add two more days to the Qatar test in March, with riders granted official running on 6 and 7 March ahead of the three days of running taking place from 10-12 March.

A shakedown for test riders and rookies has been pencilled into the calendar for 5 March.

A brief statement from MotoGP read: “Following a recent meeting between the Championship organisation and the MotoGP class teams, changes to the Qatar Test schedule have been agreed.

“Two extra official test days and a shakedown test day will now also be held at Losail International Circuit in March, ahead of and in addition to the previously confirmed Qatar Test, allowing the teams extra preparation ahead of the 2021 season.

“On 5 March, a shakedown test will take place in which participation will be limited solely to test riders and MotoGP class rookies. On the 6 and 7 March, all riders may participate in two extra official test days.”

Motorsport.com reported that Thursday’s meeting was also going to feature discussions about potentially moving the date of the opening round of the season in Qatar. Currently the Qatar Grand Prix is due for 28 March, but could now be staged a week earlier to avoid clashing with Bahrain’s Formula 1 GP.

Moving the race forward to 21 March would also make it logistically easier for all paddock personnel to remain in Qatar after the test for the race, avoiding a repeat of last year’s cancellation owing to travel restrictions.

MotoGP is yet to comment on any potential calendar alterations.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 8814 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post