SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    song parody's that are actually kinda good
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

song parody's that are actually kinda good Login/Join 
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAJsZWhj6GI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgbfyaMXm0s

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Master of song parody: Weird Al.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

You haven’t “made it” as a singer until Weird Al has parodied your song.
Although, iirc, snoop dog wasn’t exactly flattered by “Amish Paradise”.....

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:

Coolio?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:

ABSOLUTELY!!

He was on a talk show a few years back. Discussing Artists who would NOT allow him to parody their songs. He asked Paul Mc Cartney if he could use the "Live and Let Die" theme....He was going to change it to... Chicken Pot Pie!

Mc Cartney said NO. IIRC Prince wasn't a fan of his parodies either.

Saw Weird Al LIVE two times, great concert.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:

Coolio?

Yeah. It most certainly was not Snoop.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Jon Lajoie - Pop Song
https://youtu.be/ijr4rwb2WbE

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Yep, Coolio.
That didn’t even seem right when I typed it.
I blame it on a leftover turkey tryptophan hangover. Smile

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many great Weird Al songs. I think my favorite is "Another One Rides the Bus".

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Weird Al is a good guy and makes hilarious parodies, maybe the best ever.

quote:
On June 27, 2013 during an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, Yankovic was asked "Is Coolio still upset about Amish Paradise?", to which Yankovic replied "Coolio's cool with me now. We ran into each other a few years ago and it's all water under the proverbial bridge."[2] Coolio stated in a 2014 interview that the decision to refuse the parody at the time was "stupid" and wished that someone on his management had stopped him, and considers the final parody to be "funny".[3]

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White and Nerdy is a classic.

My rims never spin - to the contrary - you'll find that they're quite stationary...

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"BoB" is one of my favorite "Al's".

Is Al La si.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Most anything by Weird Al Yankovic is good. This was part of his 1989 film UHF.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMiRGCGIfCg

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
*** Definitely Not Safe For Work, Kids, or Bendable ***

Most of the Lonely Island songs, such as Mother Lover:

posted Hide Post
what song does that parody ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ None. Strictly speaking, I believe it's technically satire that also is a parody of entire genres and trends and eras, notably popular R&B and HipHop of the late 80s and 90s.