SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul - Season 5
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul - Season 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are wondering what the exit is for Kim since she was never seen/mentioned on BB. The "see's the brighter side of everything" in me say's she gets whacked.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
My wife and I are wondering what the exit is for Kim since she was never seen/mentioned on BB. The "see's the brighter side of everything" in me say's she gets whacked.

Hadn't though about the wacked theory and I guess that's possible as a "get back" or warning to Saul by the bad guys. My guess though is she simply gets worn out by Saul's antics and GTFO. Maybe a job in DC or some such.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keeping Kim around longer provides some suspense as she is a classically conflicted character, like most of us. Basically moral but attracted and repelled by Jimmy at the same time. Her getting whacked would not be in character. It is not simply entertaining to watch amoral criminals take advantage of others. There has to be some tension and unpredictability in the plot sequence. {Just my thoughts} Shakespeare does this sort of thing in his plays.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:

No I think we saw a peak at it on this weeks show. Somehow Jimmy is going to do something so repulsive with the old guy with the house, that won't sell to the bank that Kim is working for that will most likely cost her the big account she has. That is my guess.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I got a kick out of the bowling balls.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have not read many posts here yet since we are Netflix folks and only on Season 4.

Man does Season 4 absolutely suck!!!!!!!! So freaking slow and almost nothing happening. We have 2 episodes left.

Season 5 I sure hope is a lot better.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I still like the show and have watched all episodes of all seasons. Plus BB all the way through a couple times.

All I've got to say is last nights episode was just all around sad as hell. Just freaking sad.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'm finding each new episode hard to watch. It's tough to care when the lead character is such a total dick.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Ripley. I also thought Season 4 sucked and Season 5 seems to be going the same route.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I agree Ripley. I also thought Season 4 sucked and Season 5 seems to be going the same route.

Season 4 was absolute garbage and a complete waste of time.
All the substance could have been done in an episode or 2.

Bummer to hear 5 is the same.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I don't think any of the seasons sucked. I feel the writing is far better than the average stuff that's on TV these days.

The current season is really starting to show what a sociopath that Jimmy/Saul really is. Just something I didn't really get from the character as much on BB. It's almost like that fucker has a split personality disorder or something.

Also the stuff with Mike and Nacho and Gus makes BB episodes seem lighthearted. Just seeming to be taking a dark turn.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
SPOILER ALERT...I think the last episode was truly the turning point for JIMMY. His lover said NOT to follow thru with the planned blackmail and she seemed confident things would be settled for the 75K. But then SAUL appears and does the blackmail. He does it and stabs Kim in the process only to full fill his desire to stick it to the man because he's the savior for the oppressed.

And boy he does not like Howard Big Grin

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
IMHO this is the best season ever! Jimmy's decision to completely blindside Kim certainly showed him to be a sociopath with a recklessness that is incomparable to any other character I've seen. Kim's reaction initially was as expected, but the turn around? She's obviously got some deep psychological issues herself. If she goes full Jimmy, I can't help but consider the fact that her absence in BB foretells something really bad will come of it.

Mike's development is also very compelling. He's obviously got empathy towards others, but clearly as he becomes more and more consumed by his darker side (recognized by Gus), he evolves into a supremely ruthless character.

Terrific writing, casting, direction. If anyone that's going nuts (while in quarantine) is looking for an excellent diversion, Better Call Saul (like Breaking Bad) is binge-worthy!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
SPOILER ALERT...

..full fill his desire to stick it to the man because he's the savior for the oppressed.

Ignoring Jimmy's toxic cruelty, you bring up another point I'm puzzled by. His motivations are always couched by some nobler purpose but the beneficiaries are consistently unworthy of the loopholes, contrivances and lies Jimmy exploits. So much so, it's like subversive crypto-facists are producing the show and creating cartoon downtrodden to highlight Jimmy's scumbaggery.

As an example, the native American photographer and her cowboy on horse pic. Not a lawyer here and maybe I missed some finer legal point but it seemed Mesa Verde had the legal right to use her image in their logo. I'll call him Saul by this stage gets some $X 100,000 settlement, classed as freaking "reparations"? WTF? Woke and admirable SJWism or sarcastic mocking of a bad man?

I dunno but yeah, I'm finding it very hard not to wish for the worst to befall Saul, a hell of a reason for watching a show.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Well, it happens. Not for a while though. Asshole has a pretty good run.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Kim wants to get married to out Saul, Jimmie.

I guarantee she will get half of a HUGE payday.

Remember she is addicted to the thrill of the scam.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
SPOILER ALERT...

..full fill his desire to stick it to the man because he's the savior for the oppressed.

Ignoring Jimmy's toxic cruelty, you bring up another point I'm puzzled by. His motivations are always couched by some nobler purpose but the beneficiaries are consistently unworthy of the loopholes, contrivances and lies Jimmy exploits. So much so, it's like subversive crypto-facists are producing the show and creating cartoon downtrodden to highlight Jimmy's scumbaggery.

As an example, the native American photographer and her cowboy on horse pic. Not a lawyer here and maybe I missed some finer legal point but it seemed Mesa Verde had the legal right to use her image in their logo. I'll call him Saul by this stage gets some $X 100,000 settlement, classed as freaking "reparations"? WTF? Woke and admirable SJWism or sarcastic mocking of a bad man?

I dunno but yeah, I'm finding it very hard not to wish for the worst to befall Saul, a hell of a reason for watching a show.

Jimmy/Saul never said a word about his fees being waived in the final settlement. He isn't doing this as a "savior for the oppressed." He knows he'll profit more from a larger settlement than the $75,000.00 he and Kim had agreed to and that's his motivation. Yea, he's "sticking it to the man", but getting well paid for his efforts. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Mike's development is also very compelling. He's obviously got empathy towards others, but clearly as he becomes more and more consumed by his darker side (recognized by Gus), he evolves into a supremely ruthless character.
If she goes full Jimmy, I can't help but consider the fact that her absence in BB foretells something really bad will come of it.
The funny thing is, everything Mike does (at least to me) has some level of honor to it. I wish I could exercise his calm demeanor for some of those times when I'm peeved.
I agree, I believe something tragic will happen there, as Kim wasn't present for BB.
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
As an example, the native American photographer and her cowboy on horse pic. Not a lawyer here and maybe I missed some finer legal point but it seemed Mesa Verde had the legal right to use her image in their logo.
A photographer maintains life-long/indefinite copyrights to their product even after they're dead, I believe. My mom wanted to get a copy of some baby pictures of me and my brother at Walgreen's or something, and she was told she couldn't copy them because the studio held the copyrights, despite the fact they had gone out of business years ago. IANAL either, but I think this is the basis for Saul's case with respect to the picture/logo that Mesa Verde uses...
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Kim wants to get married to out Saul, Jimmie.
Not sure how she's going to do that. One spouse can't testify against the other. I think it's more of a CYA maneuver to get married so that she doesn't have to disclose what they do in their little schemes with each other and in the event the house of cards comes tumbling down, she has some level of immunity and isn't required to testify against Saul/Jimmy.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
..A photographer maintains life-long/indefinite copyrights to their product even after they're dead, I believe...

Like I said, probably some legal mumbo jumbo I missed in that scene but I don't see how multple hundreds of thousand of dollars could be justified, particularly with some prior agreement in place. Jimmy throws it under a "reparations" umbrella just to stink up all credibility.

That said, I do like your spousal immunity theory.

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Or Kim might leave Jimmy waiting at the alter as a final kick in the nuts?

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post