New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Fist Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Two episodes in, it's okay so far. Still not up to Daredevil standards, but still pretty good.

One thing that still kinda blows my mind....so this is taking place in the Marvel Avengers universe (a doctor refers to "the Incident") yet people still seem to disbelieve the possibility of other planes of existence.

A. Freaking. Portal. Opened. Above. NYC.....but the idea of a monastery on some other plane is signs of psychosis?? LMBO

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying it, except the actor's footwork is TERRIBLE, and it feels very sloppy. It's hard to watch. I wish he would have learned at least some kind of martial art to make him steadier on his feet.

It's the same complaint I have against Brianne of Tarth in the Game of Thrones show. She walks on her heals with an open toed gate. Flops her toes down like she's wearing flippers. There's nothing about her walking or moving that feels at all like she's trained in anything other than swinging a prop.

It's totally superficial and nit-picky, and I get that.

I'm enjoying the show though!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On ep 2. A little slow for me so far.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
On ep 2. A little slow for me so far.

Personally, I prefer this kind of slow burn. When things pick up, they often struggle for meaningful content - looking for places to insert violence to sate the masses.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I like watching whatshername fight more than Rand. Big Grin

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I like watching whatshername fight more than Rand. Big Grin

Same here. The "We need to sell this drug at cost!" boardroom scene is stupid.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
HAH!!! Looks like they shared some locations with John Wick: Chapter 2. Big Grin

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
His style is a lot of loosey goosey. Entertaining thus far. It's like he didn't mature beyond the crash

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Just starting episode 6....... Little SPOILER warning: episode 5 has Rosario Dawson's character Claire in it....kickboxing in short shorts and doing standing front bend stretches!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh yeah, liking it so far.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Is it me or he is very confused and gullible throughout the series?

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he does. I wondered if a guy stuck in a Shaolin monastery for 15 years would be like that, or more like Carradine in "Kung Fu".

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Ugh. He really does feel like he's just throwing his hands out there and hoping the stunt people react the way they're supposed to.

Say what you want about Luke Cage's acting abilities, but at least he felt like he was a huge guy that set his feet when he wanted to hit something with his fist.

Still enjoying the series though! (Like I said before, it's nit-picky.)

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm really enjoying it, mainly for the women. I wish the "Iron Fist" wasn't some anorexic white guy that has never worked out in his lift but what can you do. Overall, I am still liking it a lot, one episode to go. The feel of the show is familiar with the rest so that definitely helps.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
The fight with the Drunken Style Kung Fu was awesome.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
On Episode 10 and liking it overall. The Drunken Style Kung Fu fight was very good..the fighter had me seeing Jackie Chan. Big Grin

This is what I posted in my Martial Arts Weekend thread:

This might be nit picking due to years of training with a Chinese Kenpo Instructor who also did Wu Shu (trust me when I say it influenced my forms and kata):

RANT ON/ While Finn is "ok" as an actor for gullible Danny Rand, he is no good as Iron Fist; he has the muscular mass of long term heroin addict or metrosexual hipster. Dude should have done some Crossfit and spent a lot more time working on his martial arts. His footwork is really bad but what drives me nuts is he can't even do a One Finger Shooting Zen properly. This is what it is suppose to look like:

hand and finger position should look like this:

Finn/Danny Rand/Iron Fist's look like this:

It is really obvious when he is doing the "chi re-charging" form with Bakuto. It bugs the crap out of me, like an actor who isn't holding/handling a pistol/rifle in a completely incorrect manner. /RANT OFF

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5 episodes in, really liking it, especially since all the libs hate it.

I feel like the fight scenes are a bit underwhelming, I think Daredevil would mop the floor with him at this point.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well, to be fair, Matt Murdock has been training a lot longer than Danny Rand, chemlight fist aside. Big Grin

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
The actor that plays Daredevil looks like he can actually fight too. Iron Fist's actor is a friggen shit casting job.

"He took a good penis in Game of Thrones. That was popular. This will bring the viewers!"

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
The actor that plays Daredevil looks like he can actually fight too. Iron Fist's actor is a friggen shit casting job.

"He took a good penis in Game of Thrones. That was popular. This will bring the viewers!"

Agreed. I don't know why they keep casting small British actors for American roles anyway. I'm 6'1", 205lbs, muscular and would be a better choice, lol.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to "The Defenders" coming in September with Iron Fist, Luke Cage,Jessica Jones and Daredevil

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post