Tools

Iron Fist Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:
I'm looking forward to "The Defenders" coming in September with Iron Fist, Luke Cage,Jessica Jones and Daredevil

Teaser information now says possible May or June date for "The Defenders".

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:
I'm looking forward to "The Defenders" coming in September with Iron Fist, Luke Cage,Jessica Jones and Daredevil

Teaser information now says possible May or June date for "The Defenders".

So much the better.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
On Episode 10 and liking it overall. The Drunken Style Kung Fu fight was very good..the fighter had me seeing Jackie Chan. Big Grin

This is what I posted in my Martial Arts Weekend thread:

This might be nit picking due to years of training with a Chinese Kenpo Instructor who also did Wu Shu (trust me when I say it influenced my forms and kata):

RANT ON/ While Finn is "ok" as an actor for gullible Danny Rand, he is no good as Iron Fist; he has the muscular mass of long term heroin addict or metrosexual hipster. Dude should have done some Crossfit and spent a lot more time working on his martial arts. His footwork is really bad but what drives me nuts is he can't even do a One Finger Shooting Zen properly. This is what it is suppose to look like:

hand and finger position should look like this:

Finn/Danny Rand/Iron Fist's look like this:

It is really obvious when he is doing the "chi re-charging" form with Bakuto. It bugs the crap out of me, like an actor who isn't holding/handling a pistol/rifle in a completely incorrect manner. /RANT OFF

Well he was not trained on Earth so maybe that's how they do it and the other plane of existance...who is to say which plane does it the right way and which one is wrong...?

Posts: 764 | Location: Middle GA | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well he was not trained on Earth so maybe that's how they do it and the other plane of existance...who is to say which plane does it the right way and which one is wrong...?

Hmm, possibly....but Davos (trained in the same place) manages to do it correctly.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post