SIGforum
Boss Level

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5740028084

March 27, 2021, 08:57 PM
Oz_Shadow
Boss Level
On Hulu

Not a bad way to watch some silly mindless violence. Think Groundhog Day mixed with the Scott Pilgrim movie.

Plenty of action and a light story.
March 28, 2021, 11:55 AM
jsbcody
I enjoyed it. Hey if I could spend a recurring day learning Kung Fu and sword from Michelle Yeoh, sign me up.
March 29, 2021, 12:26 PM
911Boss
I enjoyed it as well, had the same “Ground Hog Day” observation.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

March 29, 2021, 12:31 PM
RogueJSK
I didn't get a Scott Pilgrim vibe from it at all, other than the occasional 8 bit graphics text overlay. And even that attempt to include occasional 8 bit graphics, and references to that style of video game in a few scenes, seemed pretty forced.
March 29, 2021, 12:44 PM
pedropcola
I enjoyed it. They clearly left room for the sequel which I think would probably suck, but this one was an enjoyable 2 hour killer.

Question. They clearly showed he was fucking up the reception or the wi fit whenever he walked by a tv or console but they never explained that. Or did I just miss it? Was it 5he tracking device or something that ended up on the editing floor?
March 29, 2021, 12:54 PM
RogueJSK
It was the tracking device.
March 29, 2021, 06:55 PM
Oz_Shadow
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I didn't get a Scott Pilgrim vibe from it at all, other than the occasional 8 bit graphics text overlay. And even that attempt to include occasional 8 bit graphics, and references to that style of video game in a few scenes, seemed pretty forced.

I thought Scott Pilgrim because he went up against a series of opponents to get to the end and when he died it reset like he was playing a video game.
April 28, 2021, 01:43 PM
KDR
I watched this last night and I thought the whole time that he was in some sort of video game, hence the multiple, overly stylized, over-the-top assassins trying to kill him the whole time, especially the sword fighter you can only kill with a sword. I was a little thrown at the end when it seemed like he was living in the real world, albeit the same day all the time.

So which is it? Video game world or real world? Am I thinking about this too much. I should also note that I was pretty much scrolling through sig forum the whole time, so I may have missed something important here and there.

April 28, 2021, 02:02 PM
RogueJSK
It was the real world. He wasn't inside a video game. He was in that infinite loop thanks to his ex-wife's time machine she had created and programmed to effect only him.
April 28, 2021, 02:33 PM
KDR
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It was the real world. He wasn't inside a video game. He was in that infinite loop thanks to his ex-wife's time machine she had created and programmed to effect only him.

That's what I thought at the end. But the I wonder why the hell can't this dude just shoot the sword assassin and be done with it? I know, I know, its just a movie, get over it.

I did like how they captured the realism of trying to crash through the vehicle barrier though Smile

April 29, 2021, 09:39 AM
Billythekids
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
On Hulu

Not a bad way to watch some silly mindless violence. Think Groundhog Day mixed with the Scott Pilgrim movie.

Plenty of action and a light story.

Its really funny because i just saw Scott Pilgrim last night for the 1000th time.
April 29, 2021, 05:02 PM
45ProCarry
"Ray has done this". Big Grin
April 29, 2021, 05:55 PM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
But the I wonder why the hell can't this dude just shoot the sword assassin and be done with it?

You must have missed the part where he tried many times to kill the Chinese chick by shooting her.

I understand that Groundhog Day is the original time loop movie, but this one felt more like Edge of Tomorrow.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
April 29, 2021, 08:12 PM
KDR
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
But the I wonder why the hell can't this dude just shoot the sword assassin and be done with it?

You must have missed the part where he tried many times to kill the Chinese chick by shooting her.

I understand that Groundhog Day is the original time loop movie, but this one felt more like Edge of Tomorrow.

That was actually my point. He couldn't hit the girl at all. Totally not possible unless he was in a video game type world. That he actually is in the real world and can't hit the chick is just stupid.

April 29, 2021, 08:18 PM
RogueJSK
So the infinite time loop is sufficiently realistic, but not being able to shoot a ninja lady with a sword is going too far. Big Grin
April 29, 2021, 08:21 PM
Orguss
Well, he was former Delta Spec Ops, so I can understand the frustration.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"