Find
Notify
Tools

Boss Level Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
On Hulu

Not a bad way to watch some silly mindless violence. Think Groundhog Day mixed with the Scott Pilgrim movie.

Plenty of action and a light story.

Posts: 16746 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. Hey if I could spend a recurring day learning Kung Fu and sword from Michelle Yeoh, sign me up.

Posts: 3219 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telling cops where to go for over 25 years
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it as well, had the same “Ground Hog Day” observation.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 9707 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I didn't get a Scott Pilgrim vibe from it at all, other than the occasional 8 bit graphics text overlay. And even that attempt to include occasional 8 bit graphics, and references to that style of video game in a few scenes, seemed pretty forced.

Posts: 27208 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. They clearly left room for the sequel which I think would probably suck, but this one was an enjoyable 2 hour killer.

Question. They clearly showed he was fucking up the reception or the wi fit whenever he walked by a tv or console but they never explained that. Or did I just miss it? Was it 5he tracking device or something that ended up on the editing floor?

Posts: 3773 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It was the tracking device.

Posts: 27208 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I didn't get a Scott Pilgrim vibe from it at all, other than the occasional 8 bit graphics text overlay. And even that attempt to include occasional 8 bit graphics, and references to that style of video game in a few scenes, seemed pretty forced.

I thought Scott Pilgrim because he went up against a series of opponents to get to the end and when he died it reset like he was playing a video game.

Posts: 16746 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post