SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Doctor Who Fans, A Question

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Fans, A Question Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
We got a cheaper Comcast TV package halfway through last year and it meant I lost BBC America.

I still have not caught up on the last half of the season of Doctor Who, nor have I been able to watch the 2015 or 2016 Christmas Specials.

How can I go about watching these episodes without having BBCA? Can I find a place to stream them with my Roku? Maybe via iTunes?

Any help would be appreciated!

Posts: 20935 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I use freetelly to watch it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4695 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Netflix or Hulu?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 13515 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Netflix no longer has Doctor Who. BBC wants to do their own streaming channel. I don't have cable or over the air tv so I stream everything.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4695 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I use freetelly to watch it.

Could you give me some more information on this, not familiar with this one?

Posts: 20935 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Google freetelly

First one SHOULD be tvaddons. Go there and look for freetelly. Install it. Start it. Choose Exodus then search.

Pick stream and watch Smile

Not minority enough!

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
http://www.tvids.net/watch58/D...e-11-Heaven-Sent-(1)

This year's Christmas special was pretty good. Last year's was 'eh.' The entire last season was pretty bad, IMO. It was essentially "The Clara Oswald Show, With Special Guest Appearance of The Doctor." However, you can use this site to access all the reboot episodes.

No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 18958 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime has it, but not the latest special.

Posts: 1302 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Amazon Prime has it, but not the latest special.

This. It's kind of wonky how it's organized with Amazon Prime though. Netflix had it pretty straightforward, incorporating the Christmas specials in to the series they came after, but AP has them as a separate category.

Posts: 2210 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
We got a cheaper Comcast TV package halfway through last year and it meant I lost BBC America.

I gave up on BBCAmerica when the real Top Gear ended and the rest of it is almost exclusively Star Trek reruns. Are reruns of British TV shows like Morse, etc. too expensive?

A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it.

Posts: 938 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
BBC America is available on SlingTV.

Posts: 4703 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest Christmas special is on Amazon video, but you have to pay for it, it's not free with prime.

Look for "Dr. Who Christmas Specials". Season 5 is this years.

Posts: 77 | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Kodi.

Literally "everything" is available via Kodi. I run it thru my Amazon card.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 7717 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post