SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What Are the Three, Five, or Seven 'Must Have' or Best of The Line Up Fleetwood Mac Albums?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are the Three, Five, or Seven 'Must Have' or Best of The Line Up Fleetwood Mac Albums? Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
I have the Bare Trees album and like it. When trying to decide on which other albums to purchase the proliferation causes 'analysis paralysis'. So which are the best or essential albums? Please recommend your preferences, in odd numbers only.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Fleetwood Mac first and Rumours second for me.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My top three are all with Buckingham/Nicks.

1. Rumours
2. Fleetwood Mac
3. Tusk

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
^^^ same

I really enjoy The Dance (live reunion with Buckingham/Nicks), as well. Probably listen to it more than any other because it has a great energy and it has that amazingly beautiful version of Silver Springs, which is one of my favorite songs ever.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
My top three are all with Buckingham/Nicks.

1. Rumours
2. Fleetwood Mac
3. Tusk

Yep

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Bare Trees is essential for Sentimental Lady, as

is for Hypnotized.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Tusk.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
1. Fleetwood Mac (1968)
2. Mr. Wonderful
3. Mystery to me
4. Fleetwood Mac (1975)
5. Rumours
6. Then Play On

Posts: 671 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Fleetwood Mac first and Rumours second for me.

This for me too. While I like another song here or there (e.g., Love That Burns from Mr. Wonderful), these are only two 'must have' albums for me.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Kiln House
Future Games
Fleetwood Mac
(Bare Trees and Rumors)

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post