SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Outside the Wire (Movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outside the Wire (Movie) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I’m like 9 minutes in and a drone pilot disobey’s a direct order, fires danger close killing two friendlies, talks shit to his superiors and gets deployed to the war zone as “punishment” while still talking shit to his superiors.

Look I am all about suspension of disbelief. I am all about movies SUPPOSED to take liberties to be fun, but Jesus. I can’t imagine the size of the rock this guy would be under in the real world. He’d have been court martial’d faster then you can say “you can’t handle the truth.”

He’s not even a likable rogue. Just a dangerous twat. Sigh.

Sound design is pretty good and the battle bots are cool and the effects are good......but Jesus I can imagine if I made a screw up like this in my civilian job much less at PD....suspension of disbelief is tough here.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The rest of the movie is a hot mess. I stopped watching when the inevitable occured and the android went off the reservation.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
It was best watched for the FX. It's too bad because I like both of the main actors in other work.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Bahaha, I have been putting off about this movie.

Let's see in those first 10 minutes...

1. The USAF UAV Pilot graduated three years ago from Parris Island (USMC?) LOL
2. 50,000 flight hours since becoming a pilot - three years ago!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There is sooooo much wrong in those first 9 minutes. I stopped watching.

I will watch when I can recalibrate my brain.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The movie's fairly awful overall. Not even really any cool gun scenes. The CGI for the American and Russian robot troops is pretty good, which is about the best thing I can say about it.

Skip it. It's basically "Wargames", with some cheesy gunfights, some robots, and an even more blunt "war is bad" message.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Only managed to watch until the drive out the wire. By then, i was seriously upset.

What a turd of a movie.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I really like Anthony Mackie in just about everything he is In.....but wow this movie is weak.

Great production values though.

This isn’t even a bad movie kind fun it’s just meh.

Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
My thought was Training Day with robots. OK, but could have been a lot better.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've seen a lot worse movies, with being in captivity the herd of good ones are getting thin.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post