Top Gun 2 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
inb4tomcruiseiscrazy

I'll see it. I haven't seen a Cruise movie that I haven't liked, other than the abomination that is The Firm.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I don't think there are many fighter pilots in their mid-fifties. I may be wrong.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best comment; "I hope that Maverick and Iceman can be open about their relationship now that don't ask don't tell is over." Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No. I don't feel the need at all

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
“DANNNNNNGGGEEERRRRR ZONE!!!!!”

Please please please let him date a Lana. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I don't think there are many fighter pilots in their mid-fifties. I may be wrong.

How old was "Viper" in '86?

I hope they have the new MiG 36s. I believe they finally fixed the problem with inverted flight tanks. Their planes will do negative G pushovers now.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nope.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the music will be new or cater to those of us that watched the first when it was released.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm actually excited for this.

Please don't ruin it with:

1) Too many tongue in cheek references to the original.
2) Annoying romantic story lines
3) Stupid PC bullshit

I wonder who the enemy will be?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Is this the one where they're flying cargo planes full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
How old was "Viper" in '86?

He was 53 in 1986. Today he's 84. Cruise is 55. Is he going to play the cranky old guy sitting on his porch yelling at the low flying planes? He would be at the upper end of a Navy pilot at this point.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The enemy will not be China as the film will be comarketed there as well. Chinese censors won’t take kindly. Speculate a middle eastern nation with evil acrobatic drones as the potential nemesis. From the tab on TC’ flight suit, it appears he is a Captain. At 55yo, you really don’t want to be pulling 6G+ in any aircraft continually...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
inb4tomcruiseiscrazy

I'll see it. I haven't seen a Cruise movie that I haven't liked, other than the abomination that is The Firm.

So you liked The Mummy?

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yet another example of the outstanding Hollyweird creative minds at work. Gesh Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmalb:
quote:
inb4tomcruiseiscrazy

So you liked The Mummy?

For what it was, I actually did like it.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Yet another example of the outstanding Hollyweird creative minds at work. Gesh Frown

It's a sequel, not a remake.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

It's a sequel, not a remake.

I really don't care. The characters are being rewound. PASS! Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm in!

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
inb4tomcruiseiscrazy

So you liked The Mummy?

Ah, actually I forgot that I hadn't seen that one. I skipped it because it got pretty bad reviews.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
inb4tomcruiseiscrazy

So you liked The Mummy?

Ah, actually I forgot that I hadn't seen that one. I skipped it because it got pretty bad reviews.

It's bad. Real bad Orguss. Real, real bad.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post