SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The First Purge" Sucks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The First Purge" Sucks Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
All the "Purge" movies are intended to ridicule gun culture and white/conservative America. But at least they were fun movies.

The latest one isn't even that, plus they've turned the Social Justice crap up to 11.

Avoid. You've been warned. Good Lord, I wish I had been.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. The 4th installment completely lost its way. I saw it yesterday. It lacks the sardonic humor of the first 3 films. For instance, the first 3 all feature a plot twist of betrayal from inside that is like playing with Russian nesting dolls.

The latest has none of this interest. It is like sitting in a waiting room with a BLM activist and being yelled at for your "privilege." No thank you.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'd seen the premise to this POS some weeks back.
It was clearly agitprop in its most virulent form. Nothing good can come from something so manipulative, dishonest and ugly. If feeding hate was the producers' motive -- I say it was -- they're probably pretty happy with themselves.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
ALL the Purge movies are pure garbage.

They are a Leftist fantasy of what THEY think would happen if conservatives had full, permanent control of the government. Could not be further from the truth.

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Now I want to see it to see how bad it is. Hopefully I can resist the urge.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
#Resist

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I thought the 3rd one was already at 11. How much higher can they go?

Only in Hollywood can some liberal assholes dream up a concept as twisted as The Purge and then still find a way to blame conservatives for that idea.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
The latest one isn't even that, plus they've turned the Social Justice crap up to 11.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
**SPOILERS BELOW***

Yes, it was all orchestrated by a new Conservative party (New Founding Fathers) that was backed by the NRA and adopt a nazi-esque logo and Party flag that is waved around as much (or more) than the American flag.

They keep the poor colored ghetto folks down by offering them money to participate and of course they have no choice in the matter, because what else is there for these poor disadvantaged folks to do in this world? The message is “Those people” suffer the yoke of slavery by having to rely on government handouts to survive and that reliance is used by those in power to manipulate them.

If you stop and think about it, the writers DID get that right... look at all the social welfare programs provided by the left to maintain control over “those people” and try to keep them locked into a democRAT voting block?

Then they really jump the shark when the neighborhood drug kingpin unravels the evil plan and fights whitey to save the hood because it is home, he has strong ties to the community, and is concerned about their welfare- puhhhhleeese Roll Eyes

Thank God we have MoviePass so it really didn’t cost me anything more than I have already paid to see it.

As we were leaving we were walking out behind a couple of middle aged women and one was saying to the other how she could see that happening (government supporting and manipulating such an “event”).

While I fought the urge to interject, I did start casually chatting with my wife at a higher than necessary volume about the fantasy of needing to pay the criminals to incite them to participate with no consequences in the same behavior with they already do for free with a potential for consequences and that such a genius plan could only be dreamed up by libtards not any sort of conservative group or anyone with the slightest concept of economics.

I had a little chuckle when I noticed the talker sort of 3/4 turn her head to look my way, we locked eyes and I gave her my best steely-eyed “go ahead and say sumthin bitch, I dare you” look until she turned away. Then I went back to chatting with my wife about how the Purge concept isn’t such a bad idea, just need to adjust it to a 3-5 year period where good citizens would be legally allowed to end any in-progress criminal act with lethal force and once the gene pool got a generous bleaching we could go back to “normal”...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Sir, tomorrow I shall raise a mint julep in your general direction. A blessing on your head.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original was interesting but I also felt like it was made out to be a SJW film,especially the ones that followed. Reminds me of the Dave Batista film in which they were fighting against the racist Texas white army rebelling against the nation.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to give it a Hell No after the first preview I saw at home.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Hell, I thought the idea was stolen from a Star Trek episode.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Hell, I thought the idea was stolen from a Star Trek episode.

No, "Amok Time" is about an entirely different kind of "purge". Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
I was able to give it a Hell No after the first preview I saw at home.

I hadn't bothered to watch the preview. The teenage boys wanted to see it and sold it as lots of guns. On the way into the theatre one of them said something about thinking I wouldn't like it much.

So I went in with fairly low expectations, yet I was still disappointed.