Find
Notify
Tools

Live PD Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
Anyone watching this. It's like COPS, but mostly live.

One of the cities they're in is Greenville, SC. It's interesting seeing the action near where I live.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
They've got to be on at least a 5 second delay.

Saw it the other night.

"Is there anything illegal in the car"?
"I've got some scales".
"Why do you have scales"?
"So when I buy my drugs, I don't get cheated".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have watched it. Overall, not bad, some long lag now and then.

I enjoyed the show when the Mom's on Spring Break were arrested for house parties. They could not believe it was happening to them.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I'm hooked on it. Great show. But I dislike Tom Morris' use of street slang all the time. "Caught'em ride'in dirty" among others. It's just irritating. I mean would you give a press conference on the latest bust and say "Greenville PD is quite pleased to have a trifecta ride'in dirty felony bust in da hood off MLK blvd"

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Caught'em ride'in dirty" among others. It's just irritating. I mean would you give a press conference on the latest bust and say "Greenville PD is quite pleased to have a trifecta ride'in dirty felony bust in da hood off MLK blvd"

Yeah it takes away from the credibility and is distracting. At times it approaches the distracting narration on Swamp People. Just like Mike Rowe do the narration. If they are gonna do that maybe Little Boosie and his crew would be interested. They could then run closed captioning on the bottom so the rest of us could understand.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched it a few times and enjoy it. Greenville, SC is quite the interesting place.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I like it. Because of the "live" nature, and the fact that it's usually on for multiple hours in a row, it feels like more of a real insight into police work than Cops.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I watch it also and enjoy it. You get an insight into some things you wouldn't get otherwise.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I've watched it a few times and enjoyed it.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
I've watched it a few times and enjoy it. Greenville, SC is quite the interesting place.

And Greenville isn't really a high-crime city.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I've watched it a few times and its lost on me. Police work is mostly boring with a few seconds of terror. As a TV show, its much better to filter/edit out the boring shit and leave the exciting stuff.

COPS has a much better show in my opinion.

And I actually rolled my eyes when they were featuring a certain northern Florida county. I've been there. Nothing happens. Its not even close to an ideal location for TV producers to find action.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:

I think West Greenville has a fairly high violent crime rate. I can't help but notice that most of the stops seem to be in West Greenville/Nicholtown.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm hooked on this show. Tonight (8/4/17) started off with a brief chase that ended in a violent head-on crash, the vehicle's engine area bursting into flames, driver fleeing on foot and being chased.

Almost the very next thing is a very long, high speed chase ending with a K9 take down, and the show is just 1/3 over.

You should be able to catch a replay of tonight's show at 11PM CST, if interested.

A few weeks ago there was another dramatic chase where after flipping his car, the dirtbag gets out with a toddler in his arms and fights the cop while holding the child. My heart was in my throat.

Of course, it's not all excitement, but I usually find it at least interesting, seeing how well most officers deal with the public. I have even more respect for LEOs than before.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:

I think West Greenville has a fairly high violent crime rate. I can't help but notice that most of the stops seem to be in West Greenville/Nicholtown.

Yes, a lot going on in City View and Berea.

That chase where the guy had the toddler in his arms was intense. The producer in the car grabbed the child while Mastriani struggled with the suspect. When Officer Mastriani had the suspect down on the ground, the suspect was reaching into his pocket. I knew he was going for a gun, and Mastriani didn't see it. My heart was pounding. Thankfully, the suspect was trying to swallow some pot he had in his pocket. It could have gone much worse.

The officers shown are all extremely professional and know their stuff. I have always respected law enforcement, but my level of respect has increased dramatically watching this show. It is ridiculous the amount of BS you LEOs have to deal with.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Too much talking by the host and panel of "experts".

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
That high speed chase on Friday was wild. That guy driving that pickup could drive that thing. Loved the crash and takedown. One of my favorite lines from a previous show came when a cop found meth in a guy's sock. He said " And I suppose these aren't your socks either." But they did have another "these aren't my shorts" last night.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Haha. I saw the one last night where he said "these ain't my shorts". C'mon man. Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, that was a new one. I wonder if at the jail intake they ever hear "that's not my asshole."

my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Haha. I saw the one last night where he said "these ain't my shorts". C'mon man. Big Grin

Suspects deny ownership of the clothes they are wearing quite frequentky in my experience

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Too much talking by the host and panel of "experts".

Agreed

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post