SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Vickers Guide: SIG Sauer, Volume 1 (Standard Edition)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vickers Guide: SIG Sauer, Volume 1 (Standard Edition) Login/Join 
Picture of larry starling
posted
As anyone seen this yet? I have several of these books and they all have been excellent! Just sharing in case anyone is interested!
https://www.vickersguide.com/purchase/sig-standard
Vickers Guide: SIG Sauer sets out to track the course of SIG Sauer through the 1900s and up to the present day, with visits to the SIG Sauer Museum and SIG Sauer AG manufacturing facilities in Neuhausen am Rheinfall, Switzerland, SIG Sauer manufacturing facilities in New Hampshire, USA, and visits to private collections in Switzerland and the United States.
This First Volume of Vickers Guide: SIG Sauer focuses on the pistols and submachine guns produced by SIG Sauer on both sides of the Atlantic – starting with the P210-series of pistols, which are perhaps the finest production service pistols ever produced. This book then continues on to cover the modernized P220-series and the Swiss P75 service pistol, detailing how the P220 would evolve and find growing adoption and support in the United States with special operations units, law enforcement, and the civilian market.

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Larry how would you describe this series of Guides, purely coffee table i.e great photos of rare guns or is there also some text and history?

Sig email lists $95, is that comparable with what you have seen in your other books?

Thanks,

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of larry starling
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Larry how would you describe this series of Guides, purely coffee table i.e great photos of rare guns or is there also some text and history?
Thanks,

HK Ag

IMHO it is more of a coffee table book with some info about the firearms pictured! It doesn't necessarily go into a ton of technical info. The pictures are very well executed and first rate! sorry it took long to respond work has me burning the candle at both ends. Larry

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
Any news of Volume 2?

Posts: 917 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the Sig and HK guides coming my way for Christmas this year!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post