SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Trek:Voyager and Frasier (The Lost Episode)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek:Voyager and Frasier (The Lost Episode) Login/Join 
posted
Start at 28:00

Waiting for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Frasier...

None of the other Star Trek series come close to Voyager and DS9. Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If you have access to Heros & Icons channel (over the air here), they broadcast ALL of the Star Trek series SIX days a week.
http://www.heroesandiconstv.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Smile

Have Voyager, DS9 and Frasier on Netflix.

Going through Frasier now with wife and daughter. And Voyager at BBC America every now and then.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Start at 28:00

Waiting for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Frasier...

None of the other Star Trek series come close to Voyager and DS9. Smile

that's right,

the others are sooooo much better, Big Grin

esp TOS

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kirk overacted and Picard is an alien.

Razz

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I record Voyager from the BBC channel three times a week, about 6 episodes back to back each day it's on. I do prefer the later episodes with 7 of 9, she is great looking but has a good sense of humor once in awhile too.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I watched all the ST iterations, but really only truly enjoyed the later years of TNG. Everything else just seemed the best of a handful of fairly bad choices of what to watch, at the time.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy the last 4 seasons of DS9. They have one of the best story arcs in all of ST - it's the Dominion War arc, and lasts an entire 4 seasons.

And we FINALLY got to see good space battles. I love it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like TNG the best. I didn't care for the messiah sotryline of DS9. Although, the kid (Krusher) also had a messiah storyline about him also but they did wrap that up somewhat.

For classical sci-fi storyline treatments, the original was the best and I appreciate it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one can deny the influence that the original Star Trek had on science fiction film.

Or the influence that the James T. Kirk School of Acting had on mass media types.

For example, here's a shot of Kirk ordering an attack on a Klingon vessel.

And here's a shot of Kirk professing his love to a romantic interest.

And a shot of Kirk's reaction when he was unable to replicate the live-long-and-prosper Vulcan sign.

And when his spirit is overtaken by irresistible alien forces.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
TNG and DS9 for me. Voyager was acceptable at times. Enterprise made me throw up in my mouth a bit. TOS will always be a sweet classic.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
TNG and DS9 for me. Voyager was acceptable at times. Enterprise made me throw up in my mouth a bit. TOS will always be a sweet classic.

Ignore Enterprise. It's not canon, despite what people who are wrong will say.

TOS was what it was and that was revolutionary for the time.

TNG hit a certain stride around Season 3. There were critical episodes in Season 2 (Q Who?, for example), but Season 3 really started diving into the multi-season / larger universe plot arcs which would carry through the remainder of the series and set the stage for DS9.

DS9 is to the ST universe like Empire is to Star Wars. Dark, but easily the best, particularly towards the end.

Voyager... it's fluff. Enjoyable at times, annoying at others. That said, I've been binge watching it on Netflix when I've been puttering around the house doing other things and have managed to get through almost half of season six since I started back in January.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

TNG hit a certain stride around Season 3.

Don't tell you don't miss the Star Fleet issue mimi-dresses! Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

TNG hit a certain stride around Season 3.

Don't tell you don't miss the Star Fleet issue mimi-dresses! Wink

I sometimes refer to Season 1 as the "throwback" season, since they were pretty blatantly trying to copy whatever they could from TOS. It was the first time ST had been on the small screen in decades and they had to tie in as well as they could.

From the mini-dresses to the 2-dimensional alien planet set designs, they did a pretty good job. Then they realized that they could actually make a go of this and updated things.

On that note, I was never a Troi fan, but it was a little sad (but appropriate) when Jellico made her wear a uniform.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I thought she looked much better in the uniform, actually.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought she looked much better in the uniform, actually.

Meh. You're probably right. Her green dress was awful. IIRC, she did sport one of the mini-dress uniforms at Farpoint.

Not really a fan, like I said.

-Rob

A=A

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Captain, I sense...a presence.

I actually like her most in the modern, DS9 style:

Banned
posted Hide Post
I couldn't take DS9 much at all, Avery Brooks is just an awful actor, as over the top as Shatner was/is, but without whatever the "magic" Shatner has always had that makes him amusing.

Voyager? Meh...

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post