SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    McLaren P1 LM sets record at the Nürburgring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McLaren P1 LM sets record at the Nürburgring Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
It's the best racing weekend of the year, here's an added treat. Full screen, best supported resolution suggested. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8329 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
They finally announced a time for the Ring? Oh wait, it's not the street car. Nevermind.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
No, the P1 LM is a road car. Despite the weight penalty of Kenny Brack's massive balls, they drove the car back to the UK after setting that record. Personally, after his nasty shunt a Texas, the fact he's still racing and winning championships is amazing. Here's the video description:

quote:
In June 2016, the P1 LM was launched at Goodwood Festival of Speed, where it became the fastest road car to tackle the Goodwood Hill.

Over the past eleven months, as the five P1 LM production cars have been built, the identical prototype XP1LM road car has been testing. During the final phases at Nurburgring Nordschleife, XP1LM achieved a fastest lap of 6.43.2. After setting this new lap record, the car then drove directly from Nurburgring back home to the UK.

This project is the latest collaboration between Lanzante and Kenny Brack. Kenny Brack is known for his 1999 Indianapolis 500 win, 1998 Indy racing champion, and recent gold medal at the 2009 rally-x during the x-games. Lanzante first became globally synonymous with the McLaren name when it ran the semi-works Mclaren F1 GTR that won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1995.

The project also received support from McLaren, and Pirelli who made a specific size and compound road legal Trofeo tyre for the P1 LM.

The P1 LM road car is intended to be the quickest, rarest, and last of the P1 variants. All five P1 LM's are sold, and will be used in the USA, Japan, UAE and the UK.

Lanzante and Kenny Brack shall be allowing journalists to experience the P1 LM production car at the 2017 Goodwood Festival of speed, where they will also host a live talk about their Nürburgring achievements.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
The wastegates and blowoffs must be the size of a small child. Wow. Turbos singin merrily, whoosh-pew!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post