SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    August 28: Bill and Ted Face the Music - Bodacious!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August 28: Bill and Ted Face the Music - Bodacious! Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Looks like Bill and Ted are dads of teenagers.
I loved B&T’s Excellent Adventure, so embarrassingly looking forward to this silliness.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. It’ll be on disc 90 days after theatrical release. It has a 25 million dollar budget so it’s far from a big budget film.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't think a big budget would be necessary for a Bill & Ted movie, though they have relied heavily on makeup and special effects. I haven't seen either of the originals in years, though. I'll see it when it's available but won't have high hopes.

I'm curious about these new theatrical releases--will there be theaters open again? I noticed there's a New Mutants movie scheduled for August release, as well.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What concerns me is that the trailer does not even make it look like a good movie. Whoa!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
embarrassingly looking forward to this silliness.

I'm not a bit embarrassed to be looking forward to it. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I predict it will be TRIUMPHANT!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I want to see it too.

Most of our theaters are open but doubt I’ll see it there.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Wow, I forgot about this classic. I need to stream it soon, dudes.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings about it. I liked the first one, as corny as it was.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It was fun but, pardon the pun, felt out of time. I think it would have been much more relevant if it had come out in the '90s.

It had a couple of really fun moments. I had a smile on my face through most of the movie, though.

The end credits has musicians and somewhat famous people interspersed with everyday folks jamming out to music. The only two I could recognize were Weird Al Yankovic and Jimmy Kimmel Live's Guillermo.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Mediocre as fuck, shouldn't have been made.. Basically the same plot as the original, but forcing that now required diversity and women will save the world narrative on us. Predictable!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Lighten up, Francis!
I’ve rented it on Amazon Prime, looking forward to watching it with my son who is in the hospital here is San Antonio.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Mediocre as fuck, shouldn't have been made.. Basically the same plot as the original, but forcing that now required diversity and women will save the world narrative on us. Predictable!

Relayed via my wife, that sounds like essentially what two reviewers she saw on TV had to say about it.

I saw it for rent on AP a day or two ago: $20! Yeah, like I'm gonna pay $20 to rent a movie. I don't think so, Tim.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

Relayed via my wife, that sounds like essentially what two reviewers she saw on TV had to say about it.

I saw it for rent on AP a day or two ago: $20! Yeah, like I'm gonna pay $20 to rent a movie. I don't think so, Tim.

Yup they are starting to get silly. I am pretty sure the new Mulan is going to cost $30 on top of the monthly fee for Disney+.

Even if it were something I wanted to see not a chance in the world I am paying $30 to rent it and watch it at my house.

I hope no one does. If a bunch of folks do we’re screwed from here on out. They are flat out taking advantage of the Covid situation.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post