SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    24 Hours of LeMans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

24 Hours of LeMans Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Just letting everyone know that the Motor Trend channel on cable and online is showing the entire 24 Hours.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
And if you don't have Motor Trend, the Ford team is streaming on YouTube. Smile

Here on my 65" TCL RokuTV

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
And if you don't have Motor Trend, the Ford team is streaming on YouTube. Smile

Here on my 65" TCL RokuTV
]

Thanks, streaming now here as well. Crazy how close the 4 are, 10 hours in, assuming they're on the same lap.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
The Ford GT is pretty sweet!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I remember watching a Lemans movie when I was little (probably early 70s I would guess) and deciding right then - I need to be a race car driver when I grow up.

Then I watched something else and was going to be a stunt man.

Then James Bond helped me decide to be a spy.

Then reality set it...

Edited: Just googled it. Steve McQueen 1971.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
The Ford GT is pretty sweet!

That car is unbelievably gorgeous. Those tail lights...

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like 2 of the GTs were DQd for fuel issues.

1 of the GTPro cars for too much fuel & 1 GTAm for too much fuel & refueling too quickly.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I remember watching a Lemans movie when I was little (probably early 70s I would guess) and deciding right then - I need to be a race car driver when I grow up.

Then I watched something else and was going to be a stunt man.

Then James Bond helped me decide to be a spy.

Then reality set it...

Edited: Just googled it. Steve McQueen 1971.

Many think becoming a male prostitute isn't settling for anything, its aspirational.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

1 of the GTPro cars for too much fuel & 1 GTAm for too much fuel & refueling too quickly.

If I was going to cheat I would do something to give me more of an advantage.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

If I was going to cheat I would do something to give me more of an advantage.

https://racer.com/2019/06/17/l...5-ford-disqualified/

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The fuel overage was something like .1 of a litre of fuel in the tank, not much extra, the team thinks the fuel bladder expanded from heat, I doubt they tried to cheat by adding .1 of a litre, you wouldn't even make it out of the pits with that little fuel.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post