SIGforum
Barry, on HBO...I really enjoy it, anyone else watch it?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5620026654

May 11, 2019, 03:52 PM
hambony
Barry, on HBO...I really enjoy it, anyone else watch it?
Stumbled on this show and really didn't have any high expectations, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I would suggest giving it a try, only 30 minutes a piece so easy watching. What are some other ones that you found that ended up being enjoyable?

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.
May 11, 2019, 03:54 PM
MoreCowbell
I just watched the first two episodes last night I thought it was pretty good.
May 11, 2019, 04:46 PM
jhe888
It is good. Unusual. Unpredictable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 12, 2019, 12:14 AM
Lord Vaalic
I caught a few minutes of the one where is fighting the tae kwon do guy. It was pretty amusing. I have been wondering if it was worth getting into. Sounds like it might be

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
May 12, 2019, 04:43 PM
jhe888
Hader is good in it. Winkler is excellent

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 12, 2019, 04:58 PM
smschulz
Pretty good cast of characters.
Worth watching.
May 12, 2019, 04:58 PM
Andyb
It's excellent.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
May 12, 2019, 06:07 PM
NavyGuy
I like it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
May 13, 2019, 01:16 PM
SIGWALLY
It is well done. Funny and dark at the same time.
May 13, 2019, 04:51 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Hader is good in it. Winkler is excellent

I believe Winkler picked up an Emmy for his performance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 14, 2019, 10:52 AM
pulicords
Great series! Hadler is perfect for his role and the supporting characters are excellent. Definitely a "keeper"!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."