Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Banshee Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
On S2 now. The title is unappealing and meaningless.

But I got sucked in pretty quick. Bingeable.

Cinemax channel on Prime.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy

Posts: 5634 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic series.....I really miss it. Both it and Strikeback series ending in the same year was seriously depressing.

Posts: 1646 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Fantastic series.....I really miss it. Both it and Strikeback series ending in the same year was seriously depressing.

Seriously to say the least.

Posts: 1560 | Location: South central Ma.  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It was great, loved it.

Posts: 13097 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
Great series.. but it was time.

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3026 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite shows. Can't believe how creative the writers were in coming up with ways to kill people. The title comes from the name of the town it is set in. By the end of the series, I imagine you will agree it is a good choice.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 1465 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The Banshee is a spirit in the form of a woman wailing about the person who or the family of a person who is about to die. She may be a faerie or a witch-woman, the argument continues, in Irish Folklore since about forever.

Posts: 6191 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
So the title is appropriate for the ending? Dude, spoiler alert.

Burton character is one creepy MF.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin

Posts: 5634 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a spoiler. I just thought it fit the tone of the series. The dynamic of the town is the vessel that the stories develop in.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 1465 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thanks Al, an good afternoon everybody

Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Awesome series! I loved it!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 2523 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I inhaled that show on demand. Great acting.

Posts: 153 | Location: Columbus, GA | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Damn. Nola episode.

Lili is increasingly alluring and captivating although she's moving into the dark side.

Not liking how the Carrie/Ana character is trending.

Job is a crackup.

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Silly sometimes, but fun. Still need to watch the last season.

Posts: 740 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nola, Rebecca, Siobhan and Carrie are four great reasons to watch

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nola, Rebecca, Siobhan and Carrie are four great reasons to watch

My all around favorite of them is Siobhan. Tough, attractive, smart, decent (well, relatively).

posted Hide Post
The excessively violent Amish thing was entertaining.

Posts: 4055 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Damn. Siobhan episode really sucked.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed S1...can't say I'm that drawn in by S2.

When in doubt, pinky out.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
posted Hide Post
I still have to watch the last season. I really liked the show.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Almost done with S4. I'm not really liking it very much. I think the story line and characters went off on a tangent. Eliza is attractive as usual but lackluster here. Really miss Siobhan.

Chayton had too much presence. Hard act to follow; antagonists in S4 are boring.