SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone playing Star Trek Online on Xbox?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone playing Star Trek Online on Xbox? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I am thinking of downloading this for me and my son. Looks a little dated but fun. Anyone playing?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nobody?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I played it on PC, it was pretty fun going into the "dungeons" in my Bird of Prey to harass Federation weenises. It was also fun reading the bios for the captains of nerds trying to shoehorn in all their nerd boners, you know like the captain is actually a Time Lord, and he's got the crew of the Normandy from Mass Effect with him, and also a Jedi, and so on.

The story wasn't for me, like I said, I just liked being a Klingon, doing Klingon shit.

Q'pla!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
I still play, just not on xbox. The space combat is cool, ground not so much. You pretty much have to be a Trekkie to like this game, in my opinion. I'd be happy to show you the ropes if you decide to try it out. ASG is right about some of these goofballs with their character bios, they are usually hilariously stupid and/or badly spelled.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 642 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
When the Romulan expansion came out, the randomly generated character looked sort of like a green Topher Grace, so I wrote up a bio about auditioning for a TV show called That 2270's Show, but that fell through, so instead I became a starship captain. Way better than the guy who went back in time to prevent Obama from winning the presidency. His ship was also only crewed by Christians.

I wish I took a screenshot...

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post