SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Update - it arrived -Song of the South - Disney - Brear Rabbit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update - it arrived -Song of the South - Disney - Brear Rabbit Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
I have been looking for a copy of this for a while, and finally found one just by searching the name of the film.

Disney quit selling this as they deemed it racist (story is told from the Uncle Reemus stories and Uncle Reemus was a slave).

Amazon doesn't have it either.

I found a listing at Classicmoviereel.com and ordered it.

If it arrives I have a movie to share with my kids (I saw in in the early 1980s at the theater with my mom).

If it doesn't arrive I am out $19.00.... either way it was a gamble I am willing to take.

Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lizardman_u,

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My son knows I have a VHS copy of the movie and now I am trying to figure out how to convert it to DVD.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it, but I did find a copy of the 'banned 11' cartoons among a collection from the '30s and '40s.

If you shop around, a region free DVD featuring SotS is being currently offered for sale in Australia.

Different times for sure.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Lizard
Let us know if you got it.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I got one from England through EBay, but it's on VHS. I need to get it converted to DVD.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One thing I can brag about is I have never been 'Politically Correct'...

Here is a picture of me when I was very young with my 'Uncle Jerry' who ran the peach stand on our farm...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
region free DVD

Don't delay getting these VHS tapes copied do DVD. The VHS tapes of this age are degrading noticeably.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
It showed up. No scratches on the disc.

Disc looks like it might be a copy that was made from a VHS, but it looked and sounded okay for the few minutes I had it in the computer.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I scored two copies several years ago, one on VHS and the other on DVD. I found mine on Ebay IIRC.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
For people wanting to convert VHS to disc, a lot of photo departments can do that.

I had CVS convert my wedding VHS to disc a year or so ago.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
I may have to buy that DVD because I saw the movie once when I was six and would like to see it once more. I doubt Disney will ever allow it to be released again. Believe it or not they showed it to us in grade school. Once a month, after school, they would show us older live-action Disney movies like Old Yeller and Treasure Island.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have not seen it since I was tiny. I had the Disney record not sure about the movie itself.
I could only find a bootleg VHS on eBay.
So I am downloading it.
We’ll see how the quality is.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I snagged a copy of it. Quality is quite good. I hate to see Disney erase history by making this movie unavailable, and basically acting like it was never made.

I also think it's just a matter of time before they re-theme splash mountain at the theme parks.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I found a BluRay/DVD combo with both the 16mm and 35mm versions.
https://monsterlandmedia.com/p...e-restock-requests-0

The download I located seems to be pretty good quality for the few minutes I watched.

It is an MKV file the is 22gb and has quite a few 2 channel languages to choose from and English subtitles.

Trying to cut the audio options out to save a few gigs since I have no need for the other languages.
Cuts it down to 20gb

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:

I also think it's just a matter of time before they re-theme splash mountain at the theme parks.

Every time we go on that ride, it surprises me that it has not already been done. Since it is one of their most popular rides, my guess is they do not want it to be closed for 6-12 months while they overhaul it.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post