SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Art of Racing in the Rain (Movie)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Art of Racing in the Rain (Movie) Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
The movie would probably destroy me. Frown

Why I don't watch sad dog movies. Old Yeller, my first and last one, was enough.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book was much better, but I think they did the best job they could with it while keeping it kid/family-friendly.

The book as-is would make for a PG-13 at minimum.

It was a tough read the first time, but really hit hard reading it again after losing our Luke.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Wow, I just watched this last night. I didn't realize that it followed his wife's death by cancer. After losing my wife to cancer last year I'll admit it had me tearing up. Worth the watch, but not something that I'll watch often.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Why I don't watch sad dog movies. Old Yeller, my first and last one, was enough.

This. Even watching the darn trailers while in the theater for movies released just before it was hard.

There was another one out around the same time that, from the trailer, looked like it was a series of sad-dog-dying-episodes - essentially several 'Old Yellers' wrapped into one!- wrapped around a family drama. Mega-Yikes!

Was glad when both of those came out and those trailers stopped.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Old Yeller... I'm with you. I can clearly remember sitting in the theater I saw it in as a child. I can't even stand to think about that movie, and it's been over 60 years.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post