SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Six Clint Eastwood movies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Six Clint Eastwood movies Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I used to look forward to the Christmas season when a new Clint Eastwood movie would be coming out. The Dirty Harry movies and the spaghetti westerns are a couple examples.

I didn't much care for:

True Crime
Bronco Billy
Bridges of Madison County, and their ilk.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Hard to pick a top 3.

The bad?

quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Anything with an orangutan costarring.

Do you mean Clyde or Sondra Locke?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Top 3 (hard to choose)
-- Unforgiven
-- Josey Wales
-- Kelly's Heroes

Don't like
-- Firefox
-- Any Which Way You Can (Locke is insufferable)
-- Bridges of Madison County (never saw, never want to see)

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
When did I. Ecame so old that I think of lint's movies as a director first?

Garden of good and evil is awesome.
Bird is great too.
Must say I 'm no fan of Flags or Letters nor the last one with the objector dude. Might be related to me being a foreigner.

The one with the orangutan was awful.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I have never thought the Unforgiven was deserving of all the plaudits.

I thought it deserved all it got. Excellent film, but I did not list it in my top 3 because I have seen it only several times (first release movie theater and several times on BluRay). It is just a depressing film for me to watch over again. Gran Torino, another outstanding film, same thing; a little bit of a downer film to watch time after time. May be the reason why I had no interest in seeing Million Dollar Baby, heard that was an extremely depressing Eastwood film.

My top 3, I must have viewed a couple of dozen times each. Had VHS, laserdisc, DVD, then BluRay. Hated to watch them on TV with commercials.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
What is wrong with Firefox? Haters!

I know.

Uncultured heathens.

Smile

Maybe it's an age thing, I saw it when I was like 4 (?), thought it was the coolest thing ever. I think my parent let me stay up late to see it. My older brother and I still reference it sometimes "No, you have to think in Russian "

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

The one with the orangutan was awful.

0-0

I just remembered something. In one of those movies, the climax is a prolonged fistfight between Eastwood and the actor, William Smith. The fight goes on for what seems like 10 minutes or more. They fight in and out of a barn, over hay bales, water troughs, fences, and on and on. I had taken my youngest son, who was probaby eight at the time. He's chewing popcorn and thoroughly engrossed. Just before Eastwood emerges victorious, my son turns to me and says, "I was in one just like that!"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
What? No "Play Misty for me" love... :P

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While no fan of Bridges of Madison County, it made me appreciate and respect Eastwood to a much greater level.

I was teaching down there during filming and supervising the student-run TV station. Clint saw to it that my HS students had first access to him and the set, granted them closer access than the regular media and even had different production people come and speak to my classes. He treated those kids like they were the stars...

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I like and watch the ones everyone likes, never heard of half the bad ones named, and haven't seen any of the bad ones.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Gran Torino
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Million Dollar Baby is great, and rough... I simply don't care to watch such heavy things very often. This one, Babel, Hotel Rwanda, Leaving Las Vegas, House of Sand and Fog, Requiem for a Dream, etc... (just shoot me already)

I don't regret seeing any of them, I enjoyed them, once, or maybe once in a great while. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
The Eiger Sanction
Tightrope

The rest are take it or leave it's.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
In this order;
1. Where Eagles Dare
2. The Outlaw Josey Wales
3. The Eiger Sanction
4. Kelly's Heros
5. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
6. The Unforgiven

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The ones I'll watch again and agin:

Unforgiven
Dirty Harry
White Hunter Black Heart

The ones I don't care for:

Any Which Way You Can
The Rookie
Bridges of Madison County

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11764 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Outlaw Josey Wales
Dirty Harry
And many more....

The one with the monkey
Pink Cadillac
Bridges OMC.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post