SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon Prime: Tales from the Loop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime: Tales from the Loop Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
Wife found this today, evidently it just appeared today.

We've watched the first three. It reminds me a lot of Black Mirror except the stories are not nearly so dark and the characters are all in the same town with some characters overlapping. I'm enjoying it, my wife still thinks they are too dark (Black Mirror gave her nightmares believe it or not).
What say ye?

No Spoilers please. Not even with a warning first.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've not seen that, but I like (and agree) Black Mirror.

I'll check it out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
You beat me to the announcement, 83v45magna. I saw a blurb about it on Amazon earlier today and decided to check it out after dinner. I'm currently midway through episode 2.

My first reaction was a lot like yours: another "Tales of the Unnatural" sort of series. Black Mirror, Dispatches From Elsewhere, etc.

In fact, it's much like Dispatches From Elsewhere in that the setting and main characters (so far) are constant. The stories are different, but they all have a bit of "Stranger Things" feel to them.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, I'll check this one out.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode last night and I'm intrigued.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly - similar to Black Mirror but not as edgy. (Black Mirror was a bit too dark for me.) Possibly a cross between that and Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams, but set in Stranger Things timeframe. I'm on episode 4, liking it so far.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Ep 2 Transpose was the most mind bending to me. Especially with the reversal being taken away with the dismantling of the sea mine, and the last swap attempt, which seemed to be successful with the final scene.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have now watched the entire series, and I think I will watch it again. It's very subtle at times, and the interweaving of plot lines begins to make sense towards the end. I tend to multitask while the TV is on; this series actually requires some paying attention to.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
it's like reverse chess... thinking three moves back while figuring out what is going on.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post