SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone reading Stormlight Archive book 3 - Oathbringer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone reading Stormlight Archive book 3 - Oathbringer? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
I thoroughly enjoy this series. I'm absolutely enjoying book 3 even though I'm only about 30% of the way into it.

I just finished a 4 or 5 page chapter on Teft (chpt 41 I think) that made me send a message to the author, it was that good. (IMO)

Anyone else picked up this series at all?

EDIT - Chapter 41

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Veeper,

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I didn't know it was out yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 2010 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got it. 100 more pages on another book and then I'll start it.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I was going to hit it up soon, but I read on the road! https://www.graphicaudio.net/o...rmlight-archive.html

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I downloaded it but I'm re-reading the last one before I start it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this up.

I am on the 3rd book of The Witcher series right now, but as as soon as its done, I'll start reading Stormlight 3

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I downloaded it but I'm re-reading the last one before I start it.

I'm just over 40% in and I think it might be better than #2 already. 1 was great, in my opinion, because the payoff was so fun once you got through the Kal/bridge slog fest. I think part of my beef with that part though was that it was written so well that it generated legit feelings of empathy.

It's not high-literature, but it sure is fun. I love Roshar. Pretty cool.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post