SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    HBO documentary on Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO documentary on Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos Login/Join 
posted
I found it interesting. Not your typical scam artist. She certainly had assembled an impressive Board of Directors with Henry Kissinger, George Schultz, General Mattis and others. What are your thoughts?

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
My thought's are...She's an amazing con artist and a BIG WEIRDO.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
She's certainly easy on the eyes, but when I heard her talk, I was not impressed. She sounds like an awkward teenage girl who has difficulties expressing herself. Her voice is very coarse and unpolished. The intelligence is evident, but the emotion, or empathy didn't match.

How on earth she was able to persuade all these distinguished men to get onboard this scheme, I will never understand.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Elizabeth Holmes was a freshman at Stanford University, she went home for winter break, and, in a ritual familiar to many elite college students of a particular background, sat around the table with her family to muse about her many options. During Christmas dinner, her father Christian Holmes IV, a former executive at Enron, wrote the letters “Ph.D.” on a piece of paper, folded it into a paper airplane, and sent it aloft. “No Dad,” Holmes replied. “I want to make money.”

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
How on earth she was able to persuade all these distinguished men to get onboard this scheme, I will never understand.

Me neither. The machines they made were bolted together from existing equipment and never worked at all the way they said they were supposed to and they faked results for years using real lab test machines. An elaborate con. Some people who knew what they were talking about questioned what they were doing but everyone essentially ignored them. And, based on what I've read, both she and her partner Sunny were total assholes. I can't believe anyone worked for them for more than a day or two (a lot of people quit very soon after joining the company).

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I caught it as well, thought her to be a bit of a sociopath. Only concerned for herself, no ethical/moral issues with fraud and deceit.

Devoid of emotion, but able to fake it to achieve her goals.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10929 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post