New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Alienist Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Talk about good, in a very spooky and weird way.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14033 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I watched it. Not bad. Decent story line but a little annoying. So tired if corrupt cop theme.

The alienist is a weak whiny bitch. Moore seems stand up. Sara reminds me of how Bond described Vesper at dinner on the train. But she turned out decent as well. The crimes seemed overly contrived for shock value.

It’s interesting as a precursor to Mindhunter and profiling serial killers.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Is this based off that book with Teddy Roosevelt as the NYC Police Commissioner? I really enjoyed the book.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I watched it. Not bad. Decent story line but a little annoying. So tired if corrupt cop theme.

I've enjoyed all 3 seasons. You have to remember the time when this is set, the "corrupt cop theme" accurately represents what America was like then.

Along these line, you might also enjoy the BBC American series Coppper (set post-civil war)or the Cinemax series Warrior set in San Francisco just at the birth of the Chinese Exclusion Act. Warrior was an original idea from Bruce Lee that he wrote and hoped to star in

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14179 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’ll check out Warrior. Hoon Lee is in it. I liked him in Banshee - kind of intense.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I can emphatically recommend Warrior. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Cinemax canceled all original programs, hoping HBO picks it up for a 4th season.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Just finished the second season.

The actress who plays Libby, I understand this is her first acting gig and damn, she gave my wife and I the willies. She was good!!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14033 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
The book was great. Haven’t watched the show but highly recommend the read.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I read the book so long ago, I can’t remember it but I’ve been watching seasons 1&2 on HBOMAX. I like it and want to reread the book again.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
The series is OK. The books are fantastic, especially the first one.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post