SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite online music station feeds
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite online music station feeds Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
I’m sure many have some sort online speaker? What online music stations / feeds have you found & favored? Myself, KUSC, KKJZ & WHJZ

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I’m sure many have some sort online speaker? What online music stations / feeds have you found & favored? Myself, KUSC, KKJZ & WHJZ

I listen mainly to classical music. KUSC is my favorite. I’ll try the other two that you listed.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have a great list of stations that ranged from Baroque classical to country to Hair Bands.

When my old computer quit working I lost all of them both on the computer and in my brain pan. I am having a heck of a time trying to find them.

A new one I found was:

99.7 Hank FM - Classic Country
The station is licensed to Mustang, Oklahoma, and serves the Oklahoma City metropolitan area

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

I listen mainly to classical music. KUSC is my favorite. I’ll try the other two that you listed.

WQXR is another decent one.

I like switching between the two, especially when one of the stations thinks opera is music.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for the music and request line,
not for the talk show portions

http://www.wqudfm.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WXRT. It’s out of Chicago. They play older and newer rock. But only quality artists. When was the last time you heard one whole side of vinyl?

Posts: 103 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
WXRT. It’s out of Chicago. They play older and newer rock. But only quality artists. When was the last time you heard one whole side of vinyl?

Literally the only station worth listening to in Chicago, but sadly they are a corporate radio station and have been slowly sliding downhill for a number of years IMO. I was not happy when they fired Mary Dixon and took Lin Brehmer out of his morning slot.

I've been a www.kexp.org fan for years, just ignore all the Seattle area politics.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
this was neat when it worked: radio garden.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I found Kback out of Souix Falls SD as a good motivator while exercising. It’s a one man shop and Crazy Frank only talks in the morning.

It’s a good place to discover new bands and enjoy the classics

https://live365.com/station/KBACK-ROCKS-a95555

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I don't stream a lot of live radio,

when I do it is the local news channel (WRVA) or the local independent, (WNRN)

I do watch, or rather listen, to a few on youtube, including NPR's tiny desk series and KEXP

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:

I like switching between the two, especially when one of the stations thinks opera is music.

The other two stations that CQB60 mentioned, KKJZ and WHJZ, appear to be jazz centric.

But I just downloaded the WQXR app. It’s playing a nice long (24:54) piece by Mikhail Glinka. Definitely classical. Thanks for your tip!

Now “Lohengrin” (Richard Wagner). Yes! And no ads or long “station announcements” so far.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great feedback, WQXR is a winner ..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
KOKE out of Austin Texas for Outlaw Country. It has a great mix of old and new without the Bro Country.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
WDAV is another great online classical station
quote:
quote:

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
<snip>
<snip>

I got the WQXR app on your suggestion, and like it. But, Jesus, WQXR has long pledge drives!

I hate pledge drives, and don’t open the app while they persist. I give KUSC an annual contribution, and I’ll probably do that for WQXR too.

Serious about crackers

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
KAZG out of Phoenix.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
RadioU WUFM 88.7 Columbus Ohio

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
KUDD Radio in the town of Weevilville in Spittle County.

Don't touch that dial - you've got KUDD on it.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
KOKE out of Austin Texas for Outlaw Country. It has a great mix of old and new without the Bro Country.

Good one.

This station is "Music for Baby Boomers"....
https://kbzy.com/listen-live/

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
95.9 The Ranch out of Fort Worth. Great Texas country station with a lot of red dirt, bluegrass, souther rock, Americana, etc. thrown in.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post