SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Irregulars on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Irregulars on Netflix Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Just watched the first and hopefully last season of The Irregulars.

There's this group of industrial revolution era goonies that sort of constitute an phenomena investigation agency as support for Dr. Watson, Sherlock's buddy.

And it gets weirder.
Two sisters, but one is asian looking, the other not.
Some Lords and Royals are black or Indian BUT we are to disregard all that because we are all the same, aren't we?

Turns out Watson follows Holmes simply because he's in love with him. Had you not guessed. BTW, Watson is black too.

The concept of WOKE is something i only know from reading the board. No such nonsense where i live. If this is supposed to be it, i do not like it at all.

It's so stupid silly that we had to watch it till the end.

Avoid.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Concur.

"Enola Holmes" was a much better Sherlock spin-off.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I think I’ll skip it. I’m a massive Sherlock Holmes fan and so I watch all the shows and movies. I thought I’d hate that one with Lucy Lu as Watson but actually thought it was pretty good. I put this in my watchlist but think I’ll skip it. The premise of following the Baker St irregulars is cool, but I’m getting real sick of wokeness for wokeness sake. I could get past the race thing but I’m not interested in a love story between Holmes and Watson.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well to be fair, it IS completely one-sided. Sherlock appears to be a strictly hetero junkie.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
"Enola Holmes" was a much better Sherlock spin-off.

That was pretty enjoyable. Even with its "girl power" angle, which at least wasn't overbearing.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried and wanted to like it. A very cool premise. But, while inner city, poor and streetwise teens can certainly include people of color in London in the 1800s (and is a GREAT opportunity to add color without a massive strain of credulity), of course they could not stop there. Effectively another alternative reality-based "world." And it is not very interesting either. My wife and I dropped it after two episodes.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My wife wanted to watch, and we could not get past first episode. We later tried the second and stopped 15 min in. A muddled mess with a social commentary that is crudely delivered. Frankly awful.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Just watched the first and hopefully last season of The Irregulars.

You got your wish... Netflix just announced that it was cancelled after 1 season.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Watched one episode and removed it from the watchlist.

As with Without Remorse: They've created something that relates to the original story line only in the title and a couple character names (names, not the characters, themselves)--the apparent goal being to suck audience members into a wokefest.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post