SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    How to land the space shuttle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to land the space shuttle Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
It amazes me that there were never any landing failures on any of the shuttle missions. They had one shot at it, and were perfect every time.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
It amazes me that there were never any landing failures on any of the shuttle missions. They had one shot at it, and were perfect every time.

Considering the complexities involved in each landing, it is indeed amazing. Good luck to all other nations that try to emulate that record in the future.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I miss the Shuttle program.

Space Exploration is important, and inspiring, and we ought to do even more of it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post