SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Messiah (Netflix): Anybody Else Here Watching It?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Messiah (Netflix): Anybody Else Here Watching It? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
No spoilers, please!

The trailers looked intriguing, so we gave the first episode a try last night. Wife is not sold, but I find it intriguing.

Anybody else here watching it?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm watching it.
Interesting so far (2 going on 3 episodes in) but need to see where it goes.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Homeland meets JC(?).

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We have seen the first two episodes so far and will keep watching.

Posts: 5692 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Looks intriguing. I also would like to hear what you guys think.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I finally convinced my wife it was not what she thought it was. Gave her a synopsis of episode 1 by replaying the high points. We watched episodes 2 and 3 tonight. Now she's intrigued by it, too.

Other than "intriguing," I'm not sure just what to think of it, yet. I know I'm real curious to see where it goes.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It struck me as the exploit I always thought I'd see in my lifetime at least once. As soon as I heard a preacher say 'second coming' and then heard what he said after that.

Color me intrigued as well.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Good so far (E1).

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Is this the one where they portray Jesus as gay? Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No that one was a “comedy”. Roll Eyes

This appears to be a drama/thriller.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Finished E4 and still wondering where this is headed.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished it two days ago. Stick with it, the ending makes it worth it.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I started watching it and gave up before the end of episode one. I decided to re-watch it, and still wasn't sold.

A friend and I were talking about it (a local town is shown in episode eight) and he convinced me to give it another try.

I'm now through four episodes. I'm still not sold, but now, in for a penny, in for a pound.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched two episodes. It's got me interested. I will definitely keep watching. Just not sure where it's going but it does hold my attention. So far it has more of the feel of a political thriller, rather than some sort of religious biopic or religious morality tale. But that may change as the episodes progress.

Posts: 1046 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Wife threw in the towel after 5 episodes.

Still wondering where it`s going but my interest has already left the building. Will have to learn all about it here at SF.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seemed interesting in the trailer. Watched the first episode, but all the reviews I've read basically say the same thing: interesting premise but poor character development and not worth the time. I'll probably watch at least one more episode before I decide whether or not to cut bait.

Posts: 2475 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
5 or 6 episodes in.

Still trying to decide if he's the Real Deal or a con man.

Leaning heavily toward giant con.

One thing that tracks 100% with my experience with religion is that he absolutely will NOT give a yes or no answer. 90% of the time answers a question with another question. Frustrating as hell both IRL and on the show.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15201 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
5 or 6 episodes in.

Still trying to decide if he's the Real Deal or a con man.

Leaning heavily toward giant con.

One thing that tracks 100% with my experience with religion is that he absolutely will NOT give a yes or no answer. 90% of the time answers a question with another question. Frustrating as hell both IRL and on the show.

Well according to the Bible it's gotta be a con job because that's not now Jesus Christ comes back to us.

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I agree. If this show is anything like the other shows the writers/creators made(Downey and Burnett),ie. The Bible, you will see who he is and will be. Of course you could just read Revelations and see who it is yourself.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I just watched all 10 episodes on this rainy miserable Saturday. I was sucked right in from the beginning and it never let me go. Without spoiling anything I’ll just say that it makes you think and keeps you guessing. Just when you think you have it figured out things change. Very well done IMO.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post