SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Great Super Bowl Half Time Performances
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Super Bowl Half Time Performances Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
This is not necessarily my favorite, I have been watching the Super Bowl since I was a kid in the 70's. Strangely, this is the one that came to mind:

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Of the handful I've seen, my vote goes to Prince playing Purple Rain in the (non-purple) rain.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Youtube is blocking all these.

No point in linking videos - they won't play within SIGforum.

Might as well just put text URL links. Frown

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Youtube is blocking all these.

No point in linking videos - they won't play within SIGforum.

Might as well just put text URL links. Frown

Frig it. Just deleted mine. Another reason to boycott Goodell and the NFL.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Prince is the man. Bruce and E St Band was good a few years ago, too, and I'm not even a huge fan of them. The Who was pretty good.

Also, of the pop acts that they always throw out, Lady Gaga blew it up I thought. Thoroughly enjoyed that with the stereo cranked to 10.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prince in the rain. There's an oral history of the performance and the days leading up to it that's a great read. Prince asked if they could make it rain harder.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/qfQmw0JF5DM

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i liked Prince and U2 (9/11 tribute)

when Bono opened his jacket and showed the US flag -- I thought that was pretty cool

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post