SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    We Just Lost John Prine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Just Lost John Prine Login/Join 
posted
It really depressed me to read that. The man was a true genius as a songwriter, RIP, John

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Joe Diffie and Jan Howard too

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He's one of my favorites.

Definitely sad news.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sorry...there are two threads on this...I posted this without thinking...but maybe John is worth it Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/l0EiV423j0M

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
there are two threads on this...I posted this without thinking...but maybe John is worth it Smile

if there was as many threads for John as for the virus it wouldn't be too many.

I just spent the last hour youtubing many of his great songs. Man, what a talent! Rest easy now John.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP, Mr John Prine, RIP.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Been listening to his music all day everyday since he went in the hospital. Going to miss that guy. Been a fan since hector was a pup. Glad I had the opportunity to see him live in small venues over the years.

RIP John, we'll miss ya.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm going to say it... I personally think he was a better song writer than Dylan....

his first album still stands up today....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post