SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mission Impossible 6. Tom Cruise pilots a helicopter.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mission Impossible 6. Tom Cruise pilots a helicopter. Login/Join 
posted
I knew Tom Cruise liked to do some of his own stunts but I did not know he learned to fly an AS350. In the first video he is doing some wild flying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um0aZKbpe1Y

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4912910/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb49-oV0F78

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
He has been a pilot since 1994 and has a P51 Mustang that he flies. I remember when he was on Top Gear he talked about his two favorite planes as a kid, had posters in his bedroom: P51 Mustang and British Spitfire. This was to explain why he bought the P51.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
He has been a pilot since 1994 and has a P51 Mustang that he flies...

I did not know that. John Travolta and Harrison Ford got more press coverage.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
He has been a pilot since 1994 and has a P51 Mustang that he flies. I remember when he was on Top Gear he talked about his two favorite planes as a kid, had posters in his bedroom: P51 Mustang and British Spitfire. This was to explain why he bought the P51.

To clarify, he's had a fixed-wing pilot license for a while. He actually hadn't gotten a rotary license until just before filming this latest iteration of the Mission: Impossible series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Did he slam on the brakes, stand it on its nose, flip a U-turn, all the while shooting the people chasing him?

Heck, if he could that on a motorcycle I'd be impressed.

Better yet, if he could be towed around while sitting in the pilot's seat of an F-14A without puking, I'd be really impressed. Wink

In all fairness though, Tom Cruise and Robin Williams are about the only actors I have liked every time I have seen them on screen.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post