SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What We Left Behind: DS9 Documentary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What We Left Behind: DS9 Documentary Login/Join 
posted
I stumbled onto this trailer today. It's a new documentary about Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It was my favorite of the different series and thought I'd share the trailer for those who also like DS9. I'm seriously considering seeing this doc in the theater.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LPDX6uqSM

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I’d probably see this too. I love Trek but DS9 was my least favorite of the franchise. I still watch it every night on H&I channel on cable though.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
DS9 is also my favorite of the Trek series.

While TNG has a number of the "best" ST episodes, I think DS9 is the most consistently "good" of the ST shows.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I need to watch this. DS9 was the 2nd best series IMHO (after TNG).

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
This documentary is now available on Amazon Prime - free (with Ad's) for prime members - also available on Apple TV

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks good.

DS9 was my favorite series of all Trek (after they got past the snoozer Seasons 1-3, that is). Thanks for the head's up.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It was well worth it. There’s one scene that’s a bit cringe and will not date very well, but it was amazing seeing so much of the show HD scanned like TNG was for Blu-Ray release.

Hell, if CBS All Ass wants me to sign up, they can start HD scanning episodes and putting them up once a week. It can’t be that expensive compared to the trash they call Star Trek they’re wasting $8-10 million an episode on...

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The "Watch for free with ads" option doesn't seem to actually work. At least for me, it just comes up as an error.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I did not watch it religiously, but I did watch it often and enjoyed it. I think what hurt it for me is a bit of Star Trek overload. I was enjoying TNG reruns, catching DS9 here and there, along with Voyager popping up - which I can't recall much of it.

I would like to rewatch DS9 but I do not know if I have the time. My wife has no interest in it.

I have tried getting into Enterprise too. Seems like a decent show as well, but it has taken me years to watch 2 seasons. You lose a lot in between.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The "Watch for free with ads" option doesn't seem to actually work. At least for me, it just comes up as an error.

Just tried, and it works for me.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I did not watch it religiously, but I did watch it often and enjoyed it. I think what hurt it for me is a bit of Star Trek overload. I was enjoying TNG reruns, catching DS9 here and there, along with Voyager popping up - which I can't recall much of it.

I would like to rewatch DS9 but I do not know if I have the time. My wife has no interest in it.

I have tried getting into Enterprise too. Seems like a decent show as well, but it has taken me years to watch 2 seasons. You lose a lot in between.

That's one of the things they mention on why DS9 wasn't more popular. There was never a time when it was the only Star Trek. It's also why they were able to get away with pushing the envelope so much. They weren't as good as Babylon 5, but they're still the best Trek series since TOS, and it's likely never to change with the garbage CBS All Ass is putting out.

The only season of Enterprise worth watching is Season 4. That's when the show finally turned into a TOS Prequel it wanted to be from the start.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post